Chapter: 6

I kept a hold of my ears until the ringing finally stopped after Donghae was gone. I put my arms to my side, as I looked at the clock. I could hear nothing, but my slow breathing, and the sound of the clock. tick, tick, tick, t-…ick….t...i...c…k… My terror grew, as the clock stopped ticking.

Suddenly, a hand gripped the side of the clock slowly. The hand was black as coal and didn’t look like a human hand, so before I could think, I started backing up away from the clock. I ran straight into the darkness, as the dimness around the clock faded away and something else appeared in front of me. I ran into the streets of Seoul in the middle of the street. There was snow all over the streets and no cars to be found. I walked to the sidewalk and started to wonder in Seoul. Soon, I realized that I was about a block away from the dorms and headed in that direction. I finally ended up at the dorms and saw that there was no door greeter and the lights were off. I ran up to the doors quickly and tried opening the glass doors, but they were locked.

“What the…?” I said letting go of the door handles.

I looked into the lobby and saw nothing but dust and plastic everywhere. The place look like it had been disserted for almost 10 years now.

“That’s what happened.” I deep voice explained.

“Who’s there!?” I quickly turned around to see no one.

“That’s what happened after that Christmas 8 years ago. The company moved on.” the almost inaudible deep voice explained.

“How…?” I asked.

“You eventually left the company after a few months into the next year. Since you left, the company had one less person to plan for, so the other bands got paid more, got to do more events, and got new dorms…or shall I say apartments.”

“What happened to me though? What happened after I left the company!” I asked.

The surroundings changed violently making me shield my eyes. I felt my skin getting cold from the blowing snow, but it soon ended by being warmed up by what felt like a hot fire. I removed my hands from my face while opening my eyes. I saw a small living room, kitchen, and dining area all in one room. I looked behind me to see that it was a fire that was warming me. I then stepped away from the fire and walked around the tiny, tattered, place. It looked like it was a place for a teenager to live when they first moved out from their parents.

“This is your apartment.” the voice said.

“I live here?” I asked confused.

“You never joined a new company, so you started singing on the streets, at a café, anywhere.”

“I would never…I wouldn’t give up on something like that.” I said, “I would keep trying to get another job at a different company. I would try anyone! Cube, Starship, Jtune, YG, Lonent! Anyone!”

“Nope…all rejected.”

“Well, would I still be with Eunhyuk? The least I would have done, if I had to, was live with him. I would do anything I had to to prevent me from living in this tiny wrecked place.”

“After Christmas, you and Eunhyuk broke up right before you left the company.” the voice told me.

“I don’t believe you! You’re lying.” I crossed my arms and looked around the air, as if I could try and find the spirit.

“I’m not!!!” a dark figure quickly filled the room.

I screamed, as the figure pushed me back onto the ground. Everything went black, but the space quickly become light again. This time, I was in a decorated apartment lit up by a nice warm fire, and normal lights you would find in an apartment.

“Wher-”

“Yah~ don’t do that!!” I heard a familiar voice yell.

I quickly got up and smiled, “Eunhyuk!!” I ran to where the voice shouted from.

I stopped in front of a bedroom that had the door wide opened with Eunhyuk inside along with…Another girl??

“Eun…hyuk..” I grew a sad frown on my face.

“Why should I not?!” the girl laughed holding a present behind her back.

“Because it’s Christmas, and I don’t want you looking at your gift!” he fought back trying to take it from her.

She quickly ran towards me, and suddenly, ran right through me, as I screamed.

“Get back here!” Eunhyuk laughed, as he also went right through me.

I quickly turned around and followed them into the kitchen.

“You are not opening your present.” Eunhyuk smiled sweetly at the girl.

“Fine, I wont open it.” she quickly kissed him playfully.

I watched, as they kissed. My heart began to shatter, it began to disappear, dissolve, and deteriorate. My jaw was a gap, as they stopped.

“Merry Christmas babe.” he told her.

“Best one yet?”

“Maybe…” he smiled.

“Not like when you were with her. Right? What’s her name? Ae….Ae-”

“Minae.” he quickly said not having any expression.

“Right…”

“But let’s not talk about her,” he told her, “Let’s juts enjoy our time and not ruin it by talking about her.”

My eyes over flowed with tears eventually filling my cheeks with tears.

“Bbo bbo.” he told her.

My lip started twitching it, as I bit my lip. I wiped tears away from my eyes and looked away from them.

“See the truth?” the voice asked me.

“I see….” I sniffled, “I couldn’t… I couldn’t stand it, so I backed out!! I backed away from my problems the wrong way and lost everything!” I yelled dropping to my knees.

“Stop this… Please!” I cried out, “I rather die then see this!” I put my head to the floor.

I heard wind and felt it blowing my hair around, so I looked up slowly with a face full of tears. There stood Eunhyuk with his girlfriend in the winter snow.

“Hana…” he got down on one knee in front of her holding her left hand.

“No!!” I covered my ears, as I read his lips to say the four words.

“Spirit!!!!! I’ve learned stop!! I know! I’ve already learned to care about others! Not to let stupid things from Christmas ruin my future! Just because I got into problems with my family on Christmas, doesn’t mean I should hate Christmas!!” I wiped my tears and stood up.

The wind blew strong almost pushing me to the ground, as the spirit appeared in front of me. I looked at it not afraid and spoke to the black figure covered in a black robe like thing.

“I-”

“You! Have you learned finally?!” it breathed in my face.

“I have.” I spoke back.

“Minae,” the figure reached it’s hands up to it’s dark hood, “I’m glad you learned then, but don’t forget that the most precious things in your life are your family and friends.”

The figure then lowed it’s hood and relived it’s face.

Looking at it aghast and gasped, “KANGIN!!!!” I stepped back quickly.

I screamed, as I fell through the ground.

“Minae!” Kangin reached out for me.