Chapter: 5

“Ugh, you weren’t suppose to see that Donghae!!” I whined at the fact the Donghae just saw his Christmas present.

“I’m the ghost of Christmas present Donghae, and not that Donghae.” he corrected my mind.

“Aish~ this is kind of confusing! I keep forgetting!” I frowned then looked at the ‘fire’ again.

Me and Eunhyuk were walking out of the store and into the large mall after purchasing our Christmas gifts. We walked side by side, as I carried at least 10 bags on both of my arms, and Eunhyuk only had a few on his.

“You-” I was cut off by someone pushing me to the floor from behind.

My bags flew everywhere in front of me, as a guy picked up a few of my bags and started to run away.

“Yah!!” Eunhyuk yelled chasing after the guy.

I was in shock, as I saw Eunhyuk run after the guy, and the fact that my bags were just stolen!

The scene quickly changed to later that night, as I saw me and Eunhyuk in the kitchen of my dorm.

“It’ll be okay. I’ll give you money to get them something.” Eunhyuk told me, as I got a mug down from a cabinet.

“I don’t want you to pay for my gifts that I’m getting them.” I told him.

“…I’m sorry.” he hugged me from behind wrapping his arms around me.

“I never have luck with Christmas…”

I looked at Donghae who was still looking at the ‘fire’.

“It’s true I never do. I don’t need this to remind me.” I frowned holding the bear in my arms.

Donghae just pointed to the ‘fire’ again.

I looked at it and saw that it was earlier today after I left Super Junior’s dorm.

“It’s okay she’s not mad.” Eunhyuk told Sungmin.

“She’s not?” he asked.

“No, she said to tell you that she was sorry.” Eunhyuk told him.

Sungmin sighed, “I feel bad though….I just wish I didn’t say anything.”

“It’s not your fault though.” Eunhyuk told him, “How about we get to sleep…it’s getting late.”

“Okay…Is she coming tomorrow though?” he asked.

“She said that she would, but I wouldn’t count on it Sungmin.” Eunhyuk told him.

“They really…Eunhyuk…He thinks I won’t go tomorrow?”

The scene changed once more to Eunhyuk sitting on his bed holding a red box. He sat on the edge of his bed resting his elbows on his knees, as he turned the box in all directions. He sighed, as he put the box on his vanity with no care and stood up. He looked around the room as if he was thinking then picked the box up again. He opened it, but I couldn’t see what it was, and looked at it.

“If only…” he trailed off looking disappointed, “She needs to stop being like this.” he threw the box on the floor.

“Eun...Eunhyuk…” I started to feel sad.

“He couldn’t put up with your negativity any more.” Donghae told me.

“I can see that!” I said.

“Well-”

“Donghae,” I cut him off, “How can I fix this?!” I asked worried.

“This already happened. There is no fixing it Minae.”

“Oppa! Please help me! I don’t want them to think of me like this any more!” I blurted out, “I don’t want to be like this anymore especially to you guys! To my boyfriend! I don’t want this!” I stood up and pointed to the fire.

“Then why you have this?” Donghae said holding up the bear Sungmin gave me.

I looked down at my hand, “How did you take that from me?” I said annoyed.

“You didn’t even acknowledge that Sungmin gave this to you. Why would you carry it around?” Donghae threw it into the fire.

“Donghae!!” I yelled, as I quickly jumped for the bear.

Suddenly, I fell threw the fireplace and landed in a dark room without the bear.

“Donghae! Come on! I know what I have to do!! I promise I’m not going to worry about my past anymore!!” I yelled choking a bit on my words, “I-I feel horrible…” tears slowly fell from my eyes, “I know it’s not a dream anymore!!”

“You must still learn from your mistakes.” Donghae’s voice echoed in the darkness.

“You will be seen by one more ghost…” Donghae said as the scene changed.

Instead of my being in a dark space, I was on a hardwood floor but a slightly less dark room. I looked around to only see a grandfather clock in front of me. I stood up and looked at the clock wiping my tears.

“What is this for?”

“At midnight,” Donghae said coming out from behind the clock, “You shall meet the last spirit…”

Now, I could tell that Donghae wasn’t the Donghae I knew because he would never act like this. I watched the clocks second hand tick until it reached the 12 and started to ring.

Donghae just stood there, as the ringing got louder and loud to the point where I had to cover my ears.

“Donghae!!” I yelled, “Make that stop!!”

“The last spirit shall show you your future!! Believe what you see one last time and not think it’s a dream!” he yelled through the loud ringing and slowly started to disappear.