Chapter 9

Mamoru

"Allié - Ally?"

I look thoughtfully at the black, graceful lettering on a creamy white background that adorns the exterior of this posh restaurant.

"The best French cuisine is served here. The ambience is chic, noble and the ideal place for your perfect date with Usagi. Besides, the name alone says it all!"

Rei and Ami stand beside me and accompany me tonight on the search for the suitable restaurant...after Makoto and Minako formed the vanguard so to speak, now Mercury and Mars have been harnessed for the further planning. Better said, they have literally forced themselves on me! In addition to the perfect bouquet of flowers, a perfect food location is of course also required for a perfect date...only I'm not at all sure whether the mini portions from the haute cuisine are sufficient to be able to satisfy Usagi's enormous appetite.

"I don't know about that...maybe Japanese would be better after all. It's supposed to be a perfect date for Usagi, you have to know."

"If it were up to Usagi, video games and tons of fast food would probably be more to her liking." Rei pretty much hit the nail on the head with her statement. I just didn't want to say it out loud.

"I think Japanese sounds great and would be appropriate for the occasion." Ami gives me with a friendly smile as she holds her Super Mini Computer in her hand and types some commands on the keyboard.

Thanks to Minako, all the warriors have received their transformation fillers as well as the Mercury Computer again only a short time after their rebirth. Artemis is apparently pretty lousy at hiding magical objects; behind his litter box, his owner found them while cleaning and since then the Sailor tools have been in regular use. For the warriors, through Rei and her psychic abilities, have also recently located a dark energy source and have been on patrol in their transformed alter egos every night since.

After a short while, Ami receives a signal from her computer and looks up with satisfaction.

"Then I would recommend the Izakaya Hakata Hotaru. It's cozy, the crowd is mixed, and there's all the food Usagi's heart desires...at least the probability is 99.8%. However, a certain residual risk remains."

I like the suggestion and it's just more in line with what I expect from this evening with my moon princess. A casual atmosphere with good food, where we can both just be Usagi and Mamoru and hopefully she will finally realize that we belong together in this life.

How had Minako explained it before? We need to create common ground. Explore new places that we can use to link experiences together. That way, we could succeed in making Usagi happy without all her memories. With all of us together at her side.

Tomorrow, the girls want to do something similar with Usagi regarding their newly emerging friendship. A karaoke party at Usagi's home is supposed to kick things off. Anyway, I'm full of hope that it will work out and have agreed to drive Minako's karaoke equipment and Rei's manga collection, which weighs tons, to Usagi's place in my car for tomorrow evening.

"...And if you like, you can also book a private room in the izakaya. In case you want to do "karaoke"."

Rei raises both her hands, now indicating quotation marks at the word "karaoke". I can really only roll my eyes at such nonsense. Ami turns all red and looks down at the floor in embarrassment. Oh boy.

"Okay, so now I have the bouquet, the restaurant...anything else missing?"

Ami types around in her computer again while Rei thinks feverishly...and finally, sighing loudly, pulls out her communicator and presses a button.