Chapter 2

After you had finished filing Lockheart's responses you saw that he had remembered some of the most important things he had in life, the fact he had fans and his signature. You had met Gilderoy once, it was at flourish and blots last year where he was signing books, he had smiled at you and asked if you wanted your book signed. You said you didn't have one so he gave you one for free.  You never read the book but now you thought you should so you could help him better. You would get it from home when you got off work.

Getting up from the desk you walked toward the ward and checked on everyone and finally getting to Gilderoy. He stared at you from under the covers and smiled, his hair was messed up a little and he pushed it back with one hand.

"How have you been? "you asked.

"Good" he said with a smile, he thrust out of the covers a piece of paper, it was his signature but there where tons on the paper, he had been practising.

"That's great" you said with a smile. "Did you have lunch?" you asked.

"Yep" he said. Suddenly his face fell and he started to shake. "I don't know who I am"

"It's fine, just keep calm, we can work it out together" you said, putting your hand on the bed.

"We can?" he asked.

"Yes" you said with a smile. "I will first teach you how to write again and we can go from there. I will also show you different things to help jog your memory"

Gilderoy had stopped shaking and breathed a sigh. He got up and sat on the bed, a smile on his face. "Can I try writing now?" he asked. His eyes sparkled and his hair flopped over his eyes which he blew away.

"Yeah" you said with a smile, bringing up simple words and showing it to him. Gilderoy got down from the bed and sat where you sat, putting the paper down on the desk and began to copy some of the words on the guidance sheet. His writing was very unlike his signature, the writing was sloppy and hard to read. Gilderoy at the end of the sentence looked confused and frowned. 

"You will learn" you said. "For now you did a good job" 

Gilderoy smiled his famous smile and stood. "Could I go for a walk?" he asked. 

"Yeah, but you don't know where things are so I am coming with you for today" you said.

Gilderoy nodded and started to walk out of the room. You quickly went after him as he walked downstairs and along the hospital. He suddenly stopped and looked at something, you looked at it. He was staring at a large cake in the cafeteria. You raised your eyebrows and Gilderoy pressed the glass.

"Do you want a slice?" you asked.

He nodded and you both went in and you got him a slice. He ate it slowly and watched the cafe and watched as people went on with their lives. You noticed two women in their mid-twenties coming over, they where a smiles and giggles as they stopped in front of Gilderoy.

"We are such fans" they said together. "I wondered if you could sign this?" one asked

"Of course" he said, flashing a grin. The two girls were looking at each other and then at Gilderoy with admiration. Gilderoy signed the paper in his perfect signature and handed it to them, the two girls giggled and went away, chatting and giggling.

Gilderoy went back to the cake like nothing had happened however he was smiling brightly. He was chuffed and when he finished got up and walked away. You raised your eyebrows and went after him as he seemingly got bored and went back to the ward and sat on the bed. He enjoyed the little excursion and picked up the quill again, starting to write something again. You raised your eyebrows and watched him as he wrote something you could only just read, it said something about cake. "I enjoy writing" he suddenly said.

"Then you can keep the paper and quill" you said, practise writing and see if that helps.

Lockheart nodded and started to write again as you went back to your office and started to record his symptoms and the others in the ward. Soon however it was the end of your shift and you went home.

Your house was in the back alleys of London and was very cosy inside. It was stacked with books and magical equipment. You went toward one of the stacks of books and looked for magical me. It seemed to be nowhere and you didn't want to use magic in case it was at the bottom of a pile.

After half an hour of searching, you found it, tucked away at the bottom of your bookshelf behind your sofa. It had started to form dust but you whipped it away and opened the book to start reading.