Chapter 4

Two months had passed of you helping Gilderoy get his memories back. He seemed to be improving, he remembered he had sisters and remembered he taught classes but he forgot what he taught. Gilderoy had also been carrying on writing stories and managed to start a novel which you read when he wanted you to look at it. His book looked very much like his book wanderings with werewolves. You wondered if he ever got out of the hospital he could write fantasy novels for muggles, that would keep him out of the angry public view. 

Your heart melted for Gilderoy, you found him sweet, loving and caring. You also felt bad for him, his family didn't visit and he seemed lonely but kept his sweet smile on his face and he loved it when he received fan letters, he wrote back but they were never sent because it was mostly questioning why they were writing to him and saying that he was starting a hair company.

Your theory with people remembering lost memories was that when you triggered the right memory then everything would come flying back. You hopped your theory was correct but so far there had been no results with Gilderoy or the rest of your patients. You knew it would take time but you were getting bored of waiting for your theory to come true.

When you came into work his face seemed to light up he would fluff his hair back to show you his trademark grin which couldn't help making you smile also.

"Morning" you said with a smile

"Good morning" he said. You knew he didn't know your name but you pushed it back and went to your office to do your first paperwork of the day.

You walked into the ward to discover Gilderoy gently snoring in a chair. His blonde hair was swept in front of his face and his arms where crossed. You smiled and went over to see the other patients before finally sitting in front of him. He was still snoring gently and looked so cute. You poked him and he opened his eyes with a start, he looked up at you and yawned. 

"I was having a nice dream" he said with a huff.

"I am sorry to disturb you" you said with a smile. "But its lunchtime and you need to eat something"

Gilderoy got up and picked up the plate on the side of the room and ate the stuff on it slowly. He watched you walking around again, making sure everyone had lunch. He was sure he recognised you from somewhere, not from the hospital but he was not sure how. He thought hard but was unable to remember. Gilderoy squinted and shrugged, putting the plate back on the trolley he went to sit and carry on his book. He didn't know where he was getting his ideas from but they seemed to just appear in his mind. Gilderoy didn't know what werewolves where but they seemed jolly scary and he wouldn't ever want to cross them in a hurry. He grabbed a cookie and ate it as he kept writing, there was at least five pages of small print writing all about werewolves and Gilderoy seemed to enjoy it.

You looked over Gilderoy's shoulder and watched him write slowly in print. He was getting his memories back, slowly but shurly. 

"Are you going home now?" he suddenly asked.

"Not yet" you said with a smile. "I am going to my office, nock on the door if you need me"

Gilderoy nodded and you walked back to your office, picking up magical me again. It was your second time reading it and you became more and more interested in Gilderoy's work. His writings was actually written well, it brought the reader in on the most mundane things such as favourite dog breed and least favorate mushroom. You sighed, you where falling in love with your patient and you where not annoyed at yourself, you wondered if you could ever get his memories back and he would ask you to come with him or would he just disregard you and you would carry on your mundane job as a doctor at a hospital. Your life was so boring, you wanted something more. You had no holiday since you started working three years ago, everyday the same. You sighed and threw the book down. You wanted a holiday but at the same time you didn't want to abandon your patients, especially Gilderoy. You where stuck between a rock and a hard place. You rolled your eyes and took your emergency chocolate from your desk and ate it, thinking. You decided you would only have a holiday when Gilderoy got his memories back, you where sure it wouldn't take too long and maybe you could go away with him. You smiled at the thought and leaned back in your chair, happy with your idea.