Chapter 24: Date

Three painful hours later, Isabelle was finally ready for her date with Jared. She stared at herself in the mirror, freshly polished and groomed. To say she looked great was an understatement, Isabelle didn't even recognize herself when she looked in the mirror.

Isabelle was wearing a pink dress that ended right above her knees with little roses going up one shoulder. Her hair was done up elegantly and curled where it sat just perfect on her head, almost like a crown, but some of her hair was also cascading down her back in neat curled waves. Her makeup was done up perfectly also, her eyeshadow matching the color of her dress. Overall, Isabelle felt like she was a princess for moment with how neat and pretty she looked.

Abby stood off to the side, observing her with a smile as she waited for Isabelle's comment. Isabelle turned to Abby and told her, "I don't even recognize myself, how did you do this?"

Abby laughed, "it was quite easy actually. You just don't seem to have enough faith in me."

"I have enough faith in you," she replied, "I just don't know how you can do this." She then turned back to the mirror and looked at herself. "Where did we get this dress anyways? I don't remember getting it."

Abby shrugged, "I did a little extra shopping and had also gone out yesterday for a while with Jared while you were up here holed up in this room. Let's just say that we got more than just a few dresses."

Isabelle nodded, "yeah, obviously. I wouldn't expect anything less from you. Tell me, how many dresses did you buy for yourself?"

Abby blushed and looked down, "one. But that's only because I'm going out on a date with Lucas tonight also. I don't have to be there for another hour and I can get myself ready in plenty of time because I'm mostly already ready to go on the date. Now you, we need to get you out of here." Abby started to push Isabelle towards the door and living room before continuing, "just follow the path behind the house and it should lead you right there."

Isabelle stopped and turned around, looking at her, "what do I do when I find wherever I'm going?"

"You'll know, just trust me," Abby said before pushing her through the kitchen and out the back door. She shut the door behind her and Isabelle was left by herself.

Isabelle slowly turned around to face the outside, butterflies erupting in her stomach. She couldn't do this, how could she? There was no possible way. She was going to throw up if she kept getting herself worked up over this.

Looking up at the path that was laid out before her, she saw that there were candles flickering, making a path under the moonlight. It was quite beautiful actually. She had seen this in movies before but she had never imagined that this would happen to her in real life.

Isabelle started to slowly saunter down the pathway, following it like she was instructed, and admired all of the candles that were lighting up the path for her. She looked up at the stars that were twinkling in the sky and she suddenly heard soft music coming from somewhere.

Becoming curious, she followed the path a bit faster when she saw something in the distance. What was that? A gazebo? She hurried, her cowboy boots going through the soft grass at a good pace and luckily, not sinking into any mud. Isabelle started to slow down when she reached the entrance to it. The entire thing was decorated in lights hanging up all around it. On one side of the gazebo, a radio was playing soft violin music. Not to far away from the radio, a table was set up with a few candles and food out on plates. The table itself was covered in a white cloth. The entire scene itself seemed to be out of a movie, minus the part where there was an actual person who stood there and played the violin. The rest of the place seemed to be a place to dance.

In the middle of the dance floor stood Jared. He was breath taking. Hot didn't even come close to describing him. He was standing there in a tux which made him more sexy than she ever thought possible. She could imagine herself drooling over him, which she was. Shaking her head out of her thoughts, she strolled over to him and noticed his smirk. She blushed, knowing that it was because of him catching her staring. Isabelle blushed and looked away when she stood next him.

Jared tilted her head up towards him with a finger and told her, "don't hide that beautiful blush of yours. I love it and it's mine."

That just made Isabelle blush more and she glared up at him, "don't do that. You know that you're just trying to get this reaction out of me."

Jared chuckled, "you're quite right about that. Now let's see what should we do first? Shall we eat? Or shall we dance?"

Just then, Isabelle's stomach growled and she heard Jared chuckled, "eating it is then." He then led her over to the table and pulled her chair out for her. She sat down in it, giving him a thanks, and watched him as he sat down in his own.

Maybe this night won't be so bad after all.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, here's the next chapter for ya'll, I hope you like it. So what do you think about this? Please tell me? What do you think will happen?

Off to the side is a picture of Isabelle's dress.

Oh, and I'm also thinking about starting another book but I don't know what to call it. I don't want to give to much away but if you ask me, I will tell you what I think the plot will be. Just a heads up though, it's not about werewolves.

Comment

Vote

Share