Kylie

It was Thanksgiving when Joshua made his promise. He wasn't a grandfather and it wasn't a threat. If he could find me, I'd be sent away. To a deathless and eternal solitude. For my sixteenth birthday, I'd be given a 'special trip just for me'. I knew what he meant, we all knew what he meant.

    Over 15 years were spent trying to placate and please him. All of it for naught. I was my father's daughter and in Joshua's eyes I would never overcome that. I tried to be perfect, to be everything he wanted from and saw in my  aunt. Unfortunately, I was only ever Malachai. My mother had truly cursed me with that name.

    Over 15 years and he never even found out just how much I was my father's daughter. My powers first made themselves known when I was too young to remember. The only one who knew was Josette, my aunt who raised me as she said her twin should have been raised. As soon as she found out what I was, she obtained a necklace that I could siphon in secret. The coven thought I was a normal witch and hated me anyway.

    Not a week into December and I was on my way. Away. Jo had tried to find the woman who had abandoned me but only found a slim lead. It didn't matter, I could stay no longer. Papers were acquired, I knew not from where. Malachai Elena Parker went missing in Portland, Kylie Malissa Parks appeared on the other side of the country. Don't judge, I needed something I'd respond to.

Fifteen and alone I wandered into Mystic Falls and everything fell apart from there. Well, it would have if it was whole and together to start.