Chapter 3

The two Xosans walked the dark path with the balls of energy as a light source. They approached a dead-end in the form of a brick wall. The wall looked to be very old and was already crumbling apart.

"Damn, does it stop here?" Andre asked.

Millie squinted her eyes.

"No, this was built here. It's not connected to the main walls." She stated.

She waved her right arm to illuminate the old cinderblock walls between them. Andre looked at the walls and nodded his head slightly.

"These walls are cinderblock." She added.

She then aimed her arm towards the wall in front of her.

"However..."

She caressed the wall as she glided her hand down to the middle of it. Her hand stopped in its place, and she gently patted on the single piece of cinderblock in the middle. She stood in a fighting stance and cocked her arm backward.

On the opposite side of the wall, darkness surrounded the area. Then, all of a sudden, a loud crashing sound echoed.

The sound of crumbling bricks fell to the floor as Millie's arm breached through the wall. The floor panel was toppled with debris. More debris continued crumbling onto the floor as the shadows of both teens emerged from the opening. Out of the hole in the wall, Millie and Andre stood side by side with their arms shining a source of light from the ball of energy in their palms.

The Xosans had entered the abandoned whereabouts of an old brewery. The first floor was left untouched, as if it was frozen in time from the last bit of human activity there. Tables are littered with old and broken beer bottles. All the way to the far left were three rows of large metallic fermenters grouped together along with other large machine parts. Above them were a second level walkway on both the right and left side of the room.

Each walkway led to a separate door at the end, followed by stairs on the opposite end. A large skybox looking room was the single point the two walkways merged at the end. It was an office containing a desk and chair inside of it. Millie and Andre had entered from the side of the wall beneath the right side walkway. Andre looked around the area.

"Well, now I guess we know why this wall was built here." He said.

"Our school's foundation was built on top of a brewery? This could turn into quite the scandal if the PTA were to discover this location." She explained.

"Or if the parents find out about this." He added.

She looked at Andre as if he were an idiot.

"Yeah, that's sorta the same thing...." She added.

The two Xosans examined the brewery together. Millie looked around at a couple of beer bottles scattered around the floor. She came across a damped package designed to hold 12 bottles of beer.

"What's this?" She said to herself.

She kneeled down to illuminate the damped box. Meanwhile, Andre was looking above at the right side walkway. He slightly bent at the knees and lept 30 feet into the air. He successfully landed onto the walkway. However, the walkway began to wobble upon impact.

"Whoa...." He said as he gripped the railing.

The walkway steadied. He closed his eyes and let out a sigh of relief. He stood up and looked towards the office at the end of the walkway. He slowly began to walk along the walkway.

"Alright....slow steps. Nice and easy." He muttered.

He walked at a slow pace until he finally reached the side door of the office. He gently gripped the door hinges and quietly entered the office with a confident smirk.