Wattpad Original
There are 3 more free parts

Chapter 3....

"Just put that there and you can leave that with me." I instructed, grabbing the empty vase from the florists hands. I moved around the room making sure everything was being put where it should be.

Slowly but surely the room was starting to look like what Heather and I planned. Each table had its own bouquet of flowers that matched the color scheme of the plates, napkins, table cloth, etc. Heather specifically wanted pastel lilac and white all around the room, and honestly the room couldn't have looked prettier. The colors beyond gorgeous.

With people bustling behind me I made my way over to the window, sighing at the view. The ocean stretched out as far as the eye could see. Tomorrow, two levels down Heather will walk out on the beach towards her soon to be husband. The whole thing was going to look amazing and just like what Heather wanted.

I loved that Heather decided to have her wedding in our home town of Long Beach, Washington. Having it here made it more personal an secluded.

"I don't think I'll ever get tired of that view." A voice spoke from behind me, making me jump. I hadn't realized anyone had walked up behind me, too lost in thought. Glancing over my shoulder I watched as Mason sauntered towards me, his hands stuffed in his jeans pockets.

The sight of him made my heart race just a little. If I thought he looked good yesterday...boy was I wrong. The green shirt he wore stretched deliciously across his chest and arms. Once again reminding me how much of a man he was now. He's always been attractive, but in the last year since I've seen him he looks even better.

His blonde hair similar to Heather's was styled messily on his head, almost like he just rolled out of bed. When those baby blue eyes met mine I felt like melting. While Heather and Mason had the same blue eyes, Mason's were lighter. Both were beyond striking but Mason's in my opinion were prettier.

It took me a second to remember he spoke a second ago. Looking away from him, hoping he didn't notice me staring, I looked back out the window.

"The view is great." I finally replied.

"Perfect idea to get married here."

"When Heather was looking for places, the moment we saw this, we knew it was perfect. Exactly what she was looking for."

"Thank you for being by her side through all this." I glanced over and met his gaze.

"Of course." I shrugged. "She's my best friend." I would do anything for Heather. She was my sister even if we aren't blood related. She's been with me through everything. She really was my rock.

"Even when she's being Bridezilla?" I laughed, Mason having not a clue what these last few months have been like.

"Even as Bridezilla. You know Heather she can be...demanding when she wants to be."

"Yep that's Heather." Mason chuckled. The sound making me smile. He's always had a deep laugh that did something to my stomach.

"But I love her. I want her wedding to be the best day." I thought back to all the nights I stayed up with Heather as she cried over a guy who broke her heart. Going out to bars to drink her pain away. All those late night talks about never finding someone who actually loves her for herself and not her looks.

Now finally she found that. Evan didn't care she was beyond gorgeous and was a model. He's said time and time again he loved how spunky she is, her spontaneous side, the fact that she cries at movies, and how one simple smile can light up the whole room.

Those were the exact words he told me when I sat him down and asked him what he was doing with my best friend. They had been dating 6 months at that point and I could see how deep Heather was in and the last thing I wanted was to see her heartbroken again.

But after hearing that Evan was already in love with her, I knew she was in good hands. Just the way he spoke about her was enough for me to see he wouldn't break her heart. And I'm glad cause I was prepared to break his knees if needed.

"So I take it-" Mason started to say but was interrupted.

"Uh...excuse me Ms. where do you want these?" A voice called from behind me. Turning around I found yet another worker for the florist company, standing there with his arms full of flowers. I inwardly sighed. The job is never done.

"I gotta." I jerked my thumb over my shoulder. "I'll see you later?" It came out as a question.

"Unless you need some help?" Mason's response shocked me for a moment. Was he seriously asking to help?

"Uh sure." Looking around I tried to find something for him to help with. "How about you help bring in some tables."

"Tables?"

"Yeah, but only if you are strong enough." I found myself teasing him.

"Strong enough? Do you not see these muscles right here?" Mason lifted his arm and flexed his bicep.

"See what? It's just a flat line." I squinted my eyes towards his biceps.

"Flat line my ass."

"Your ass is pretty flat." I made a big deal of leaning around to look at his butt. The appalled look on his face made me giggle. "Better to get to work, those tables won't move themselves." Before he could respond I turned on my heel and walked away. I glanced over my shoulder and found him staring after with while shaking his head

With a grin I got back to work on making sure everything was the way it should be.