Hisoka

Devil Fruit: Akuma-Akuma Fruit (Demon Fruit)

Species: Half-Human/Half-Demon

Bounty: 7,571,871,661 Beli (Wanted Dead)

Background: Hisoka was very ill from birth. No matter how hard his parents tried, no amount of medication, prayer, or therapy would keep him alive for long. Seeing him as nothing but useless and a waste of money, his parents tossed him into a hospital, promising his recovery, when in truth, they told the doctor to simply get rid of him after they leave. With their order received the doctors and nurses would secretly place a medication that would slowly shut his organs down one by one in his food. Every day Hisoka felt himself grow weaker and heavier. During those days, he never caught sight of his parents. Before long, he knew of their intent when he overheard his nurses whispering about how unbelievable it was that he was still alive after they kept putting so many drugs in his food. At first, Hisoka couldn't believe it, but he slowly came to reason with it. His parents never really cared for him. The moment he showed weakness, they disregarded him as a good son and instead as a deadweight body that merely leeched money out of them.

        He accepted his fate and was about to embrace death but held on when he heard screams from outside. Eventually, sounds of countless murders could be heard outside his room before footsteps drew closer to him. Hisoka neither panicked nor feared what was going to happen. When the door opened, Kojima stood in the doorway, glowing eyes staring down at him. Kojima took a swift sniff of the room before coughing in disgust, saying how Hisoka smelled of death and medication. However, Kijoma could also sense dread and despair radiating off of Hisoka, reminding Kojima of how he, along with his other siblings, once felt. Feeling pity for him, Kojima lifted the fragile Hisoka in his arms and took him to his Mother. There, Hisoka was met with the face of an angel, who seemed genuinely worried for his health, unlike all those that constantly surrounded him like vultures, waiting for him to die. Whilst she couldn't find a cure for his illness, she offered him another choice, by handing him a Devil Fruit. For the first time, Hisoka felt the urge to live and be by this woman's side for as long as he could. Without hesitation, he took the fruit and hungrily devoured it.