𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑- 𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡

Kayla's POV

Kayla's POV

"so what did you think?"

"I think it was great dad, your performances always are" I laugh at my father admiring his charismatic charm. I know you're wondering how did I end up here. Well, truth be told if you'd told me twenty-five years ago that I'd be back living with my father, performing at a Hollywood ghost club, I would have called you crazy. But here I was living my best afterlife, performing for hundreds of lifers every single night, back where according to Caleb Covington I belonged,  in the spotlight. 

When I found myself lost and alone on Sunset Boulevard, with no one to talk to and nowhere to go, I didn't know what my next move was. They don't exactly give out instructions when it comes to being dead, but then my luck changed. I was minding my own business walking down the busy street when suddenly a suddenly some guy on a skateboard crashes into me. Let me repeat that; HE CRASHED INTO ME. Someone could actually see and hear me and if it wasn't for the fact I didn't want to cry in front of a total stranger, I totally would have gotten emotional.

William or 'willie' or as he likes to be called, was a gift sent from above and I don't know what I would have done had he not found me. He's the one who brought me here and we've been best friends ever since. He's like the brother I never had and people often joke about us being attached at the hip. In a way, he reminded me of Rose and it made me miss her even more.

Seeing my dad for the first time in years was definitely a shock to the system, but once talked and he showed me everything he'd worked hard to build here at the club I couldn't help be in awe of him. Once he managed to convince me to perform, I was thriving and never looking back. I had my confidence back or as my father liked to call it my 'glow'.

Now going back to my best friend Rose. I felt awful for dying that night and leaving her, she'd done so much for me and showed me so much love and kindness. Once I'd got the hang of this ghost thing I made it my mission to find her and when I did, I felt Peace fall over me. Rose was working a good job by day and playing in a band of her own by night; Rose and the petal pushers. I couldn't have been more proud of her. Then she met Ray Molina. I watched their relationship grow and blossom, having never seen her happier. I was there when Ray asked Rose to marry him. There when they tied the knot and when they bought their house. If this was as close as I could get to being in her life, I wasn't going to miss a thing.

By the time Julie and Carlos had come around, I felt like I'd lived a lifetime through someone else's eyes and even though they couldn't see me, I felt a love for those two kids like no other. They were the cutest little angels I'd ever seen, a perfect combination of both their parents. Rose often told them stories about their Auntie Kayla and all the fun we used to get up to when I was alive. Julie even had a picture of me in her bedroom and I used to often go and sit on her bed just to spend any kind of time with her that I could.

Watching Rose and Julie playing and writing songs in her studio was my favorite thing to do and I even left Rosie a song I'd written for her once. I think that's when she figured out I was still here with her, because the next day I visited, she tried talking to me.