𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏 - 𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐨𝐫 𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫

Hollywood 1995

Hollywood 1995.

Wiping down tables and collecting glasses was definitely not the best job in Hollywood, But everyone had to make a living at the end of the day. Kayla had unfortunately agreed to work the extra shift tonight, but luckily so had Rose.

The two had become close friends since working together at the Orpheum over the last year and were known as 'double trouble' whenever they were both on shift. Whether it was singing along to bands at the top of their lungs or laughing at the terrible acts that they knew had no chance of survival, rose had become her family. Even when she noticed the bruises that started to show up on Kayla's body, the black eye here or bruised wrist there, despite trying her best to cover them; Rose never once made her feel ashamed. Obviously, she had tried to convince Kayla to leave Christian many a time, but they both knew she couldn't just walk away. He'd find her and even if she did manage to escape him, where would she go.

Having just arrived for her shift, Kayla snuck up on her work bestie who had already started wiping tables, throwing her arms over her shoulders. "Hey, underachiever!"  she laughs resting her head on the girl's shoulder.

"Hey, disappointment." Rose smirks at her in reply.  "James was looking for you."

"Oh really? Guess I'll have to go find the grumpy sod then won't I." She smirks at her in response.

"We're lucky, the band playing tonight looks cute!" Rose shouts as Kayla walks away.

"Oooh lucky us" She says rolling her eyes.

"That's what you always say." Rose laughs shaking her head.

Kayla walked over to the bar to find her less than polite manager James. "Hey, Rose said you were looking for me?."

"Oh hello Kayla, late again I see." He says grunts frowning at the girl.

"I'm sorry James, I had to wait for my boyfriend to give me a lift here." she bites her lip hoping the guy would let her keep her job, even if it was purely because he was short-staffed tonight as always. "Try not to let it happen again." He sighs rubbing his eyes and wiping his forehead with his hand.

Although Kayla didn't exactly like the guy, she kinda felt sorry for him. the crow's feet at the corners of his eyes and the frown lines on his forehead at only 30 years of age, suggested James had not exactly led an easy life and Kayla knew exactly what that was like. "Just go make yourself busy and start sorting glasses, it's a sold-out show tonight." he sighed rolling his eyes.

"I'm on it!" She replied scuttling away as quickly as possible. While she was buffing Glasses, the band whose name she couldn't remember, started soundcheck.

*Play video ^^

" One, two, three

Take off, last stop
Countdown 'til we blast open the top
Face first, full charge
Electric hammer to the heart