Memories?

Chapter 3:

I was walking to school with Rina. It's been years since we last did this. Yet the feelings of now and before where different. In the past I walked with Rina with joy and anticipation. Now on the other hand I walk with Rina, I feel a little irritated and a little anxious.

Still Rina turned out to become someone so cute. I looked at Rina in my side she was definately, the very definition of cute.

Rina did not speak she simply smiling at my side. I do not know what she is planning, but I best better prepare for it. We then saw some students from our school, as we pass them by I heard them talking.

"Isn't that Rina-chan? Who's the guy with her? Don't tell me her boyfriend?"

"Nah, I heard his her childhood friend."

"Having such a cute childhood friend, how lucky."

Lucky? You guys don't know anything. Having a lion as a childhood friend is better than this, actually having an S class monster as a friend is better.

Rina kept on walking by my side as if she was having so much fun.

"Rina, are we going to do this every day?"

"Yes, and why do you ask? Do you have a problem walking to school, with such a cute childhood friend?" Cute? Well she really is cute, but that's only the surface.

"Nothing at all, let's just go."

On arriving at school, I could feel the stares at me. This is the exact opposite of what i wanted my school life to be.

I asked Rina if the stares bother her. She then answered with confidence.

"Why should I bother, with what other people are doing? If they want to look then whatever, it doesn't really bother me." When I heard that line a memory surfaced and went in sync in what she said.

"Kukuku what is wrong with that? No matter where and when, my beauty can never be ignored. It is like you're telling me that the moon is annoyed by the humans who gaze upon its splendor. " It was the same alluring voice as the ones in my dream.

"What's wrong with you Rei-kun?" Rina looked at me genuinely worried, well it's been a while since seen her make that face.

"Nah it's nothing can we go now, will be late for class."

"You... After I was worried about you." I think I heard Rina talking about me, but it was too soft to hear. It mustn't be important. We headed toward the classroom.

Homeroom started.

"Tomorrow there will be a hunter ranking exam. For those of you, who don't know what the hunter ranking exam, I'll give you a brief summary.

Let's start with hunters,

Hunters are people, with great fighting potential. They are the few who go out to keep the mosters in check. They hunt monster outside the safe zones for either money or fame.

Now let me explain the hunter ranking exam,

The hunter ranking exam is used to determine, if a person is capable enough to be a hunter. If you pass the entry examination, then next is getting a rank. Hunters are rank from D to SS, D being the lowest, just barely passing the hunter exam, and SS being the highest. Their are only 5 know SS class in the whole world. These only applies for students, on the other hand there is a different exam for professional hunters. They are rank by bronze, silver, gold, and platinum. Bronze are for normal hunters the lowest position for a professional hunter. On the other hand platinum is the highest position, there are only 3 platinum holders in the world