No Thesis Existed (Andy's POV)

"Is h-he going to be okay?" I asked, tears spilling down my cheeks.

"A-Andy," Courtney hesitated. "I-I'm not re - I can't tell you that right now."

Tears kept flowing down my cheeks as I ran down the hall, following Courtney, who was following one of her helpers, who was carrying Joe in his arms. Joe blacked out and hadn't woken up. I was scared he wasn't ever going to at this point. I mean, with everything he's done to himself, everything he wanted to do to himself, he's lost it, he's gone - he's not the Joe I knew and loved.

Courtney took the lead and burst through the front doors of the building we were in. The sunlight nearly blinded me, since I hadn't truly seen it in what seemed like forever. I didn't even think twice about being "free", being out of that god forsaken building; I don't think Courtney thought about it either. All I was focused on was Joe, who still hadn't moved, hadn't even batted an eyelash.

The four of us climbed into the van she had parked outside, which brought back memories of when we were first brought here. I tried my best to keep my composure, which wasn't all that great anyway, for Joe's sake. It's not like he knew how I was acting anyway, but he always knew I'd be strong for him.

Courtney hopped into the driver's seat and sped towards the hospital. I was in the backseat with Joe, trying to wake him up, trying to get any movement out of him at all. My tears fell from my cheeks, landing on Joe's bloody, torn-up face. Soon, my eyes were so filled with tears that I could barely see Joe's face at all. I soon had to sit back in the seat, cover my eyes, and just sob. I had to just believe that Joe would be okay, that the hospital would make him better.

"Just stay strong," I whispered to myself. "Be strong."

Just five minutes later, Courtney was speeding into the hospital parking lot, near the emergency drop-off zone. We all piled out and rushed inside, Joe in the man's arms again. We caught the attention of a doctor, who rushed over to us.

"What seems to be going on?" he asked, a confused look on his face. "Are you okay, sir?" he asked, referring to me. I hadn't even thought about what I'd say when they asked why I was covered in blood and dirt ...

"Um, yes, I'm fine," I lied, for Joe's sake. "W-We were in a bad car wreck, I called my mom's sister, here, and she rushed us here, because my friend, Joe, got hit, um, pretty hard and won't wake up."

"Alright, come with me, please," the doctor said, turning back down the hallway.

He led us to an open emergency room and had the man lay Joe on the bed, where he just fell limp. I choked back sobs again, and Courtney actually put her arm around me. I don't know if she was beginning to feel bad, or if she was just trying to play the part of my "mom's sister".

The doctor paged a few nurses, and once they arrived, they started hooking Joe up with IVs and tubes and countless other things I had no clue what they were. I had to excuse myself from the room because I couldn't hold it in anymore. Courtney soon came rushing out, followed by her helper. Courtney came by me and put her arm around me again. I didn't object, I actually collapsed into her embrace and cried and cried and cried.

"Andy," she said, her voice seemingly starting to break. "he'll be okay."

"H-How do yo-you know?" I asked, picking my head up.

"I just know," she gave me a smile. "And?"

"Yeah?" I asked.

"I-I think I've broken," she said.

"W-What do you m-mean?" I asked, pulling away from her.

"I-I can't keep you guys there anymore, I just can't. The guilt I feel is getting too strong, I-I have to let you guys go," she said, sliding down against the wall.