She's Sick

Kyle's POV

Kyle's POV

As we made our way to Catherine's house to meet up with Aussie, on our walk I could feel Catherine's eyes on me but each time I turned around she would quickly look away hoping I hadn't noticed. A few minutes later, as we were almost home, Catherine's grip on my hand loosened and next thing you know it, she lets go and I hear a thump. I quickly whip my head to face Catherine, to only see that Catherine has fallen to the ground. My wolf was trying to get free, to help our mate, but, I knew if I let my wolf out and let him control me, that he might mark Catherine then and there without thinking twice. You know what, its not might he will mark Catherine then and there. I gently picked Catherine up bridal style and jogged my way back to her place. My wolf strength helped me out, so picking Catherine up was a piece of cake. On the way it stopped raining, thankfully because I didn't want Catherine to catch a cold. When I was on Catherine's street I started to pick up my pace until I was at her doorstep. I started to ring the doorbell continuously until Aussie opened the door. I knew where Catherine hid the keys to the house, in a flowerpot, but I didn't want to let go of Catherine and risk dropping her so, instead I rang the doorbell. When Aussie answered the door, I saw her eyes go wide to see the precious cargo I was carrying. She was about to say something, but before she was able to, I rushed upstairs straight to Catherine's room. She hadn't done much unpacking since she just got a new place to herself almost 2 weeks ago. She had only unpacked what she needed, like clothes, her bed, desk and books for school. She wanted her senior year to be special so she decided to get her own place 3 weeks before school started. I carefully placed Catherine on her bed. I knew Aussie was in the room because I could feel her presence in the room and her eyes on my back. I knew Aussie had this thing for me since Catherine, her and I were juniors in high school, but I've never had the same feelings towards her, or any girl for that matter, until now. I have always wanted to wait for my mate, and give myself up to her instead of another girl. Although almost all the girls at school fancy me I never feel the same attraction towards them like I do for Catherine. Every wolf on this planet has a mate but it may take centuries to find him/her. Finding your mate at the age of 18 is rare, and lucky for me I found my mate now.

I admired Catherine's face for a while, and gently brushed strands of hair off of her angelic face. I kissed her forehead and turns around to face Aussie.

"We were on our way back, when she fainted," I explained to a still dazzled Aussie.

"Argh! I told Cat not to go outside today. She still hasn't fully recovered from her cold. She can be so stubborn at times," Aussie said

I was a little frustrated with Aussie for letting Catherine go outside, but on the other hand, who can blame her; it's true that Catherine can be stubborn at times.

"Well, I'm going to just run over to the drug store to get some pills and stuff. I'll be back soon, till than can you stay, wait downstairs if you like."

I gave her a look telling her that I wasn't going to be moving anytime soon, till she got back. I couldn't leave Catherine unprotected while she was so vulnerable. I could tell that Aussie wasn't really happy with me staying with Catherine all alone, but I couldn't let that bother me. I pulled out the stool that was tucked under the desk, and brought it up to the bed. I took a seat on it and placed my head on Catherine's stomach. I felt my eyelids getting heavier, as the feel of Catherine put me at ease, and I drifted off into a deep sleep. I dreamt about Catherine and I, as a wolf, running into the dark forest and fooling around in the meadow near by. I felt someone pulling me away from my dream. My eyelids lifted unwillingly and I saw Aussie. I bolted up from the stool, making it fall, to allow Aussie to care for Catherine. My face was a little wet because of the clothes Catherine was wearing.

"Her clothes are wet, so, maybe we should change them before she gets even sicker." I said.

"We? Don't you mean I should change her?" she snapped

"Yea, er, that's what I meant" I said stuttering over my words and blushing at the same time.

As I started making my way out of the room and downstairs to the living room, Aussie laid a warm towel on Catherine's forehead and she started lifting the hem of her shirt up, that is the moment when I rushed out of the room. I didn't want Catherine exposing any of her body parts to me without her being conscious and willing. As I climbed down the stairs, my stomach stared to rumble. That's when I realized that I hadn't had any breakfast or lunch. I scurried my way downstairs and into the kitchen. I grabbed the fridge handles and yanked it open. I pulled our some ingredients to make myself a decent sandwich. Thank god Catherine wasn't vegetarian, as she had various types of meat. I put together my sandwich and headed to the living room. I grabbed the remote control and slumped onto the couch. I flicked through the channels when I found a decent film to watch. As I finished up the remaining's of my sandwich, I heard Aussie come downstairs.

"Kyle, I'm going to be heading home, just give me a ring if Catherine needs anything, Alright?

"Totally, is she awake yet?" I said hoping that she was

"Not yet, but she will come around soon, so are you going to be leaving or are you going to stay here,.....I was thinking that maybe-"

"Yea I'm going to be staying here" I told her before she could continue

She had a embarrassed look on her face as she made her way out the door. Using my hearing abilities I could hear her start the engine and pull out of the driveway. I decided to take a little nap before Catherine wakes up but as I started to lay on the couch I heard the water start upstairs. I quickly shot out of my seat and dashed up the stairs. I stopped at Catherine's closed door realizing that I didn't know what to say to her when I saw her. After pacing outside of her door for a good 15 minutes I noticed the water stopped running and that the doorknob to her bathroom door inside her room was opening. As I was ready to walk in I grabbed a hold of the doorknob, turned it and pushed the door open. That's when I saw her.

This is an extra long chapter just for you guys, make sure to lik, comment, follow and tell your friends all about this book. The more likes the faster the update. Keep reading, as i'll be posting soon.

XOXOXO

~Tharanya