Captured

3rd Person POV

The paladins piled into their Lions after hearing Keith's plan. Although, Lance was stuck in his head during the meeting. He couldn't help realizing that there were bags under Keith's eyes, that his black shirt was just a bit baggier, and that he was pale. Plus, he was having trouble looking anyone in the eye. Lance kicked himself for not realizing sooner.

They flew towards the ship in the lion. "Lance, you're with me, c'mon!" Keith said over the communicator.

This took Lance off guard, as he wasn't listening during the meeting. He found it odd that Keith asked for him to be his partner.

The plan was for allura and Hunk to distract the front of the ship while Pidge, Lance, and Keith infiltrated the inside to search for the quintessence and blade members. Keith was going to release the prisoners while the other two focused on retrieving the quintessence.

The three made it inside. Pidge sent them maps of the ship to their helmets, which also told them where the quintessence and prisoners were. On opposite sides of the ship.

Lance created a private channel with Keith, as soon as they weren't their separate ways.

"You sure you're gonna be okay on your own? You've spent all day training, you're gonna crash eventually." He said to him.

"Yeah. I can handle it." Keith replied.

"Sooo...you sure you're okay?" Lance asked.

"I'm fine, Lance." He said.

Though, Lance knew he wasn't, in fact, fine. Pidge and Lance quickly took down two sentries that were patrolling the halls.

Keith was by himself, headed towards the prison. It was quiet, and he secretly didn't want Lance to stop talking. He hadn't come across any galrans, which he found odd. The point of Hunk and Allura fighting off the ship itself was to distract most of the guards, but there should've been some guards left behind at least.

"Hey, we're at the room with the quintessence. Where are you with the prisoners?" Lance asked.

"I think I'm at the pr--AAAGH!" Keith's line of communication was suddenly cut off. Lance heard the clatter of the helmet falling off, in horror.

"Keith?! Keith, what happened!?!?" Lance yelled, shocked. Pidge looked to Lance, scared. She put down the quintessence containers and ran to Lance.

"He's not answering, something happened!" Lance yelled. "Uh, take the quintessence back to green and I'll head to Keith."

Before Pidge can even reply, he's already running out of the room at full speed. He pulled out the map a couple times to confirm Keith's location. He was so worried that he didn't even realize that he was at the prison. He started running so fast that he skidded to a stop when he saw that Keith was on the ground. He looked around for Galra, but there was no one. Keith didn't look injured, but there had to be a reason that he was unconscious.

Lance fell to his knees beside Keith and started shaking him. Keith stirred awake and tiredly looked at him.

"Keith? Keith, what happened? Are you okay?" Lance asked.

Keith was a bit dizzy and struggled to get to his feet, so Lance helped him up. Keith couldn't stand on his own, so he leaned on Lance.

"I...I'm not sure..." Keith said, confused. He wasn't sure how to describe it.

"Alright, we'll head back to the Lions and regrou--" "AAAH!" Keith yelled.

Keith suddenly shut his eyes, grit his teeth, and covered his ears. It was some kind of sound that made his brain feel like it was on fire. He couldn't even see straight or hear Lance, it was so loud.