the ball.

Sunday soon arrived and an extreme excitement made it easier for me to get out of bed

Sunday soon arrived and an extreme excitement made it easier for me to get out of bed. I slept in, of course as I was so very tired the night before and a long thrilling dream was a perfect way to fulfill my boredom.

The last week was excruciatingly boring, not a single thing made me feel one bit happy or excited. I had been third wheeling more often than usual, Blaise had been busy with sending letters to Bella, he wanted them all to be perfect so would spend a lot of time locked up in his room writing them. They've actually arranged to meet eachother in the winter break and I'm really happy for him.

Cathy and Timmy have been getting closer, I don't think they've done anything yet, like they haven't kissed or confessed their love. But they are always talking and hugging more often, so I think they're getting somewhere.

I'm kind of thinking I should just go to the ball on my own and get in a few dances with random guys. That would be fun, I suppose. But I promised I would go with Cathy and Timmy, I don't enjoy breaking promises so I guess I'll go with them. When they're dancing on their own, I'll try to sneak a few dances with some others.

I got dressed really quickly, just something casual and ran down the stairs, hoping that my friends had done something for my 16th birthday.

I found Blaise, Cathy and Timmy sat down on the sofa in the common room. When they saw me come down they all jumped up and I saw presents in their hands. There were more than three which confused me but I was still excited to open them.

"Happy birthday!" They all said in unison. Then they started to recite the birthday song and I felt kind of embarrassed. They started laughing when they saw me get red and sang even louder, Timothy was really getting into it.

"...Happy birthday to youuu." They finished and I sighed, glad that it was over.

"That was...uh- Thanks." I smiled. They all nodded and passed me the presents.

"These three are from us and this one is from Cedric." Cathy explained, passing me different coloured presents. "I'll open them after the ball." I muttered, putting the boxes on the table beside me.

"Good idea." Timothy admitted, "Mine is obviously the best out of the four of them!"

"Sure it is, timmy." I rolled my eyes at his cocky demeanor.

.

The day went quicker than expected, we didn't really do very much. A bit of studying here and there, we went on a nice walk actually. Around the grounds. Timmy was very enthusiastic about being my 'tour guide'. Cathy and Blaise just went along with it, walking behind us as Timmy showed me all the best parts of the school.

The ball starts at about 9pm, that's usually the time I fall asleep. After long days I literally pass out, but I supposed tonight would be a nice, long, interesting night. I was actually very very nervous, I've never been to a ball before so I'm not really sure what to expect. Handsome boys in nice suits, beautiful girls in gorgeous dresses and good music. That's a ball, right?