foreword

On my first poetry book, I wasn't able to deliver a foreword or any message

On my first poetry book, I wasn't able to deliver a foreword or any message. I simply jumped into my first poem. But this next book is a lot different. "Ephemeral" was my first gift. This is my second. As Valentine's day is fast approaching, I thought that it would be good to have another published book as a valentine's gift for myself and for my readers. So starting over again, here we go. The past few months have been overwhelming.

I was given a lot of opportunities to share my talent and use my voice. I'm very much grateful for the blessings that I have received and I'm happy to say that the pain in my heart which caused me to lose motivation is now on the verge of healing. I am slowly engaging myself to open my heart towards new adventures, memories, people and feelings.

It's been a while since I opened up because I've been very silent for a while now. And it's nice to be able to process things because sometimes all you need is love. Not the kind of love wherein it's related to relationships, but a different kind of love. "Agape."

According to Wikipedia, Agape means the highest form of love. I couldn't think of a better title than this. When this word came into my mind as I was thinking of a title, I simply said, "This one's a good one." It suits what I feel.

It really does suit Valentine's Day. Moving on, I dedicate this book to all the people who deserve love and deserve to be loved. I dedicate this not just for those who are falling in love, but also to those who fall out of love. Who realized that love is not just a game, that love is worth fighting for. Lastly, I dedicate this to those who realized that self love is the best kind of love. That love isn't supposed to be that complicated, but it is something that we must try to understand and value. Happy Valentine's Day!

Just to share, this book is so special that it contains these poems about rekindled friendships, memories and new beginnings. I wrote a story behind my favorite song, "Line without a Hook." It's something that I don't usually write about. I wrote two poems from a boy's perspective and a girl's perspective. I hope you get to enjoy this gift of mine.

All the love,
Nicole.

Photo credits: Pinterest