chapter 4 (second year part 1)

A/n sorry for the time gap I want to reach 5th 6th and 7th year fast.

Second year was an important year it was the year the Mauraders discovered Remus' secret, it was thw first time James plucked up the courage to ask a particular red head out and it was Marlene McKinnon's first kiss.

Marlene pov

I spent most of the summer popping in and out of the Potters and I kept up with Lily by owl. She had spent most of the summer out of her house where her older sister constantly called her a freak, but Lily had spent all summer with one of her best friends Severus Snape, the small greasy haired Slytherin boy that lived near her.

No pov

Marlene walked through the barrier to platform 9 and 3/4 followed quickly by James Potter, they scanned the crowd for their friends Marlene pointed and said something to James she could see Lily saying goodbye to her parents and not far off Snape stood alone with his trunk on a trolley as they watched Lily hugged her mother and ran over to Snape.

Lily pov

"Do you want to go find a compartment?" I asked Sev "no I said I'd sit with Mulciber, sorry Lils" "it's alright I'll see you when we get there" I replied slightly crushed but then I smiled gave him a quick hug and turned away "bye Sev." I scannd the crowd for familiar faces and saw Marlene waving beside her was Potter talking to Remus. I walked quickly over to them without a backwards glance at Severus.

Snape pov

I watched her walk towards McKinnon her red hair dancing down her back as she walked. I wished I could sit with her but I had promised Mulciber and he was not someone you wanted on your bad side.

James pov

"Shall we go find a compartment" I turned to see who had spoken and saw Evans facing Marlene with a questioning look on her face. It struck me suddenly how pretty she was with her hair gleaming in the September sun he stared at it mesmerised by the different colours the light brought out in her hair, snap out of it James what's wrong with you. "Hey Evans good summer?" "Alright how about you?" "Yeah good Marls and Sirius were over most days" "when youve stopped staring at Evans can we go get a compartment" said a voice from behind me. Sirius had arrived. "Wasnt staring" I muttered. "Of course you werent Prongsie" Sirius winked.

It was never sure quite when James Potter fell in love with Lily Evans but from that moment on the platform James could not remember not loving the charming redhead

Quidditch tryouts James pov

Im trying out for chaser my dad who taught me to fly said I'd be a good chaser and whenever we play with Sirius and Marlene thats the position we all want to play in and this year we're all trying out for chaser on the Gryffindor team seeing as all three chasers left the school at the end of last year.

Yess we made it we were all picked I dont know how we were chosen out of the 50 or so chasers trying out.

Marlene pov (time jump)

Yesss we won our first match of the season I love flying and our captain Matthew Prescott says me Sirius and James work together better than hes ever seen chasers do before I suppose its because we all play together so often in the summer, I mean me and Sirius practically lived at the Potter mansion all summer.

"We wonnn!!!!, we won the cup Lils" I screamed at Lily as she ran towards us it was the end of the season and Gryffindor had won the quidditch cup. "Sirius and James are organising a victory party and there gonna get some butterbeer from the kitchens! !"

The celebration party was important in many ways, it was the first time James Potter asked Lily Evans out and it was Marlene McKinnon's first kiss

A/n thanks for anyone who reads this didnt expect anyone to really read it but I already have like 10 views tysm