Part 10: The End

JJ pulled herself into composure. I have to be strong. She gazed into the large window where two men were holding the girls. One being Ellas father, the identity of the other man almost knocked JJ to the ground. She stood frozen with her jaw on the floor. Tears almost escaped her eyes but she held them in, I have to be strong.

"I'm running him through facial recognition and ViCAP but this could take a while sir." Garcia was speaking to Hotch over the phone when JJ approached.

"You don't need to do that," She took a deep breath, her eyes still fixated on the men inside. "That's my father." Garcia audibly gasped through the phone before Hotch ended the call. Emily put a hand on JJ's back as Spencer and Hotch stood up.

"Emily, we have to go in." JJ said. "If we don't," She inhaled a deep plume of air. "If we don't, they might not make it out and I can't lose another sister. I can't." JJ's eyes got watery as she watch her father hold a gun to Bailey's head. Screams and sirens rang in her ears, she attempted to block them out but had no luck.

"JJ we can't," Emily began. "That puts everyone in greater danger." JJ knew that but her personal affection took over the rational thoughts.

"It's obvious why Malcom is doing this but why my dad?" She questioned. Spencer walked in front of her and lifted her chin up with his finger, causing her to look him in the eyes.

"He probably wants his daughter back but he knows he can't have her so he went for the next best thing." He responded.

"What's I not good enough?" JJ mumbled in return. Nobody knew what to say, they just stood there and waited. Garcia had gotten them Malcolm's home phone number, Hotch was calling them from outside.

The team looked through the windows to see Malcolm yanking Ella upwards, losing all fatherly affection. They knew it would happen. Psychopaths get bored with their own kids like dogs get bored with their tennis balls. She shrieked and he shoved the gun against the bottom of her chin, causing he eyes to shut tight. JJ recoiled as she watched, keeping a hand over her mouth. He pushed Ella towards the phone until she picked it up.

"Hello," Her voice was small and shaky. "Is JJ there?" JJ heard her name and flew towards the phone, Morgan grabbed her arm, halting her back. Ella peeked out of the window, wincing as the gun was slammed into her again. Her eyes lit up when she saw JJ. "Please," She begged. "He wants to speak with her."

"Who does Ella?" Hotch questioned.

"My dad."

"Can I talk to him first?"

Ella was pushed aside but still held by Malcolm, his gun still aimed at her.

"Hello. I want to speak to Jennifer." A harsh, raspy voice boomed through the phone.

"Malcolm you know we can't do that."

"I don't see why not," He responded.

"Malcolm if you let the girls go, we will let you speak to her. But you need to come outside first." Hotch tried to negotiate.

Malcolm hung up the phone and said something to his partner who tensed up and peered at JJ through the window. He pulled Bailey into a standing position as he mouthed something to his daughter outside. Im sorry.

"What?!" JJ called out. "He said I'm sorry!"

"We need to go in, now." Hotch commanded as JJs father pointed his gun at Bailey stomach and nodded at Malcolm.

He fired a shot into the young girls abdomen and the men ran out of the house, guns drawn. The agents outside shot immediately, causing the men to fall to the ground.

JJ darted into the house where she was met by Bailey on the ground. Blood was pooling out of her stomach and she was unconscious. Ella shadowed over her, bawling. Her small hands were trying to plug the bullet hole.

JJ pulled Ella off of her, it took a lot of force. She was shivering and her teeth chattered. Her hair was damp. JJ held her on the floor as she yanked and thrashed to get back to her friend.

"JJ!" She screamed. "You have to help her!!" Her cries now came out in excruciating sobs. The paramedics worked on Bailey on the floor of the home. Her stomach was now wrapped in gauze and the bleeding had slowed. She's goin to be ok. JJ sighed a breath of relief.

JJ's eyes welled with tears as she held her young sister back, she'd never seen her this distressed. "It's ok Ella," She stroked her hair and held her tight. "They're going to help her. You're going to be okay."

JJ pulled Ella onto her feet and slowly led her out of the house. They were silent, unsure of how to process what had just happened. They sat down in the back of a federal SUV where JJ wrapped Ellas shivering body in a blanket. They leaned on each other, grateful to be together again.