Part 7: Collapse

The girls sat in the middle of the room, their chains pulled out to the fullest extent. Sadies face was bruised, hues of purple and red showed through her skin near her eye. Their was dried blood all over her cheek. Her cut was deep but the girls were able to stop the bleeding last night. She laid down on the cold floor with her uninsured cheek pressed on the ground.

Bailey was the weakest now, she had been here the longest. The deprivation of food and water was killing her, slowly and painfully. She had developed a cough and her ribs showed through her shirt. They had been counting the days since Sadie was kidnapped. One week had passed. Sadie was getting stronger with the help of the other girls food and water but it was taking a toll on Bailey. Ella was doing ok, but she could feel the amount of stress the cold and dehydration was putting on her body.

The man had only hit Sadie and Bailey, never Ella. He seemed to show a special affection with her. He would sometimes stroke her hair or give her extra food when he came into the room to visit. Sadie had gotten the worst of it so far, the punch was brutal and painful. Bailey had gotten kicked once or twice, leaving bruises on her ribs, but nothing too serious.

Ella wondered when someone would come looking for them or even if someone would come looking for them. She knew JJ's job was hunting bad guys, she knew she was looking for her. Even though they only saw each other once a week or so, they shared a bond that was unbreakable.

She let memories of her and JJ flow through her head to pass time.

She loved picking JJ up from the airport every week with her mom. She loved when she ran into her arms at the terminal, allowing JJ to wrap her in a warm hug.

Come here Ella Bella!

Ella loved that nickname. JJ was the only person in the world who called her that. She has to be looking for me. I know she is.

Ella missed her mom and sister. She missed their family game nights and their failed family dinner that ended up in pizza deliveries instead. She missed JJ watching cartoons with her in the morning and when they made waffles while their Mom was still asleep. She missed her moms hot cocoa and the warm, hand knit blanket that were draped over every couch and bed in the house.

Ella was snapped out of her trance by the familiar sound of boots coming towards the door. Almost on cue, the girls did their usual scatter back to their corners thing and sat there, waiting for their food and water eagerly. Bailey leaned against the wall, looking for support. Her breathing was shallow and she wheezed with every inhale.

The door flew open, scaring Sadie. She flinched as the man walked towards her again. "You," He demanded. "Get up."

She stood up, slightly shielding her face from him. She was terrified of the fact that he might hurt her again.

"Please don't hurt her," Ella begged. "Please."

"Don't worry," The man murmured ominously. "I won't." He grinned at her and dragged Sadie out of the room.

The mans grip on her arm was tight, it felt like he was cutting her circulation off. He pulled her quickly, causing her to trip over her own feet. Her face ached and throbbed, she could barely see out of her left eye and the gash on her cheek was bleeding again. The hallways of the house were narrow leading up to the stairs. They seemed to be in an attic, that's why it was so cold. The rest of the house seemed normal. It was warm and it had a homey vibe. The couch was positioned in front of the fire place and the kitchen was tidy except for a dish or two in the sink.

He pulled her over to the door and opened it wide, causing her to contract from the bright light. She shut her eyes tight and held out of of her small hands, blocking the sun. When her eyes finally adjusted and the white splotches faded, she saw that the driveway was long and gravel.