Epilogue: (F/n)

"Nnnngh!" you hissed through your teeth, trying not to scream in agony.

"You're doing great, (f/n). Just keep breathing," Hanji assured you calmly.

"Hey," Levi whispered, so close that you could feel the almost-touch of his forehead against yours. "You can do this, (f/n). You're strong. Just breathe with me." He took a deep breath in, then held it until you followed suit, before releasing at the same time you did.

"It hurts, Levi," you choked out between breaths, feeling tears prick your eyes.

"I'm sorry, love. It'll be over soon," he murmured, squeezing your hand reassuringly. "Don't worry. I've got you."

"And I've got you, too," (c/n) said from her spot next to your ear. Despite her self-proclaimed aversion to the dog smell, your familiar had agreed to move into the mansion with you and Levi. She liked to pretend that she couldn't stand your mate or the pack on principle, but you knew that deep down, she was growing quite fond of them.

"I can see the head!" Hanji exclaimed. "Nanaba, get ready."

"Just a bit more, (f/n)," Levi cooed.

"Ahh! AAAAAHHHHH!"

"Waaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

"Congratulations!" Hanji chimed. "You have a lovely baby girl!"

"Is she...?" you rasped, suddenly too nervous to finish the sentence. When Levi first scented the baby inside you, he told you with a grin that it would be a werewolf, that the smell made it quite obvious. However, you didn't know if that meant that the baby would come out as a wolf, and you were a little too anxious to ask. The thought of a furry, fanged creature popping out of you was just strange enough to be unsettling.

"Here," Hanji murmured. "She's all clean now. You can hold her."

Levi and (c/n) backed away to give you some space while Hanji placed your daughter in your arms. To your immense relief, she looked like a normal, human baby – albeit a perfect and beautiful one.

Levi must have thought the same thing, because he let out an astonished gasp, and he couldn't take his wide eyes off of her.

"We'll give you two some privacy," Nanaba offered, ushering a grinning Hanji away. (C/n) followed them out.

"So...she's really a werewolf?" you asked.

Levi nodded. "They're, uh...typically born as whatever state the mother spends the most time in," he stammered, barely able to think through his disbelief and awe. "Since you're human..."

You turned to him and smiled. "Well, don't just stand there. Come say hello."

He gulped, then took a tentative step forward. He knelt next to you, instinctively wrapping his arms around both you and the baby, protecting you from the world. "Stars, she's perfect," he breathed. Then he turned and pressed a kiss to your cheek. "Thank you, (f/n). I don't know what I did to deserve you."

You hummed in pretend thought. "I suppose I'm attracted to hot things," you quipped, and then both of you were laughing.

At the sound, the child opened her eyes, revealing a stormy, grey-blue tone that perfectly matched Levi's. She blinked up at you, her tiny yet wide orbs seemingly transfixed. You wondered if she recognized your voices, if she could have heard them while she was growing in your belly.

"Good morning, Isabel," you cooed.

"Yeah," Levi murmured, carefully brushing his fingers along her arm. "Welcome to the world, little brat."

"Don't be offended," you whispered with a wink. "He only calls you a brat because he likes you."

"That I do," Levi agreed, unable to keep the smile from his face.

------------------------------------------

"GODDESS!" you screamed, jumping back anxiously. "I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry..."

Levi ran into the nursery, his eyes wide with worry. "What happened?" he asked frantically, looking from you to the crib, where...

"I...I think it's Isabel..." you stammered, still trying to catch your breath. "I tried to pick her up, but she just...growled at me..."

You had been shocked to peer into the crib and find a tiny, red-haired wolf where you had placed your human baby just an hour before. Your instincts told you that she was still your daughter, that she had just shifted into wolf form. However, when you tried to hold her, you were met with narrowed eyes and bared fangs.

Levi sighed in relief, then rolled his eyes. "Oi, brat," he huffed, walking to the crib and grabbing Isabel by the scruff of the neck, though she tried to resist as he hoisted her into the air. "Don't scare your mother." Then he held her firmly in both hands and closed his teeth around her tiny nose.

"Levi!" you gasped. "Don't hurt her!"

"Don't worry, I'm not," he muttered, cradling a much-more-docile Isabel in his arms. "You don't bite hard enough to hurt. It just reminds them of who's in charge. They get testy at this age – like a human in their toddler years."

As soon as Levi finished, the doorbell rang, interrupting your conversation.

"Tch. It's already time," he grumbled. Then he stepped toward you and held out the pup. "Here, you take her. And don't be nervous. She can tell."

You nodded, releasing a breath to calm your nerves before taking Isabel in your arms. She squirmed a bit, but you tapped a finger on her nose and said, "No." That seemed to do the trick, and you were thankful that you didn't have to put your teeth on her.

With Isabel in hand, you walked downstairs, just as Levi was opening the front door.

"CONGRATULATIONS!" the crowd of people called from outside. It seemed that all of your guests had decided to show up at the same time.

"Oi," Levi grumbled. "Don't be too loud. The kid's ears are sensitive."

One by one, the guests filed in. After a pup was born, it was customary to have a party so that the pack could welcome its newest member. You and Levi had waited until you settled into a rhythm with Isabel, and then you had sent out the invitations.

Of course, all of your invitees accepted, and the bottom floor of your mansion was teeming with pack members. You slowly made your way around the space, letting everyone have a turn to say hello to your daughter. Naturally, you approached the Alpha first, along with his mate and son.

"Congratulations, you two," Erwin stated. "And this must be little Isabel. She's beautiful."

"Wow, so she finally shifted, huh?" Hanji exclaimed, leaning in close to stare at Isabel with wide eyes. "I've only ever met her in her human form, but she makes an adorable wolf!"

"Hanji, we still have to give Isabel her gift, remember?" Erwin murmured, trying to guide Hanji back a bit so that she didn't crowd the pup.

"You didn't have to get her anything," Levi muttered, glancing at Erwin with a slightly furrowed brow.

"We know," Erwin replied. "But we wanted to. After all, Isabel is something special. She'll be Beta one day."

Both yours and Levi's eyes widened as you gaped at the Alpha.

"You...you'd make a female Beta?" Levi stammered. Of course, he had no issues with it. His relationship with you had proven that he believed females should be treated as equals. However, historically, the only case of female authority was the Alpha's mate being in charge of the pups. Even if females were born first in a family, they weren't allowed to take over leadership positions. Thus, the Alpha's words were surprising for you both.

It wasn't Erwin who responded, but his son – Armin, the future Alpha. "I think it's about time, don't you?" he asked, holding out a carefully wrapped box.

You and Levi exchanged a glance, smiles appearing on both of your faces.

"Yeah, I do," Levi agreed, taking the box from Armin with a grateful nod.