| 01 |

Warnings: None.

Background information on you: You can be in whichever house you'd like. You are in your 5th year and are closer to Remus than the rest of the Marauders and you have a crush on him. 

Word count: 1203

Reader's Pov

You were sitting in class, bored out of your mind as you were mindlessly tapping your quill on your desk. You had noticed that Remus was not in class and this had happened multiple times before. You were pretty close friends with Remus but not as much with the other Marauders.

Every time Remus wouldn't show up in class, you would ask the Marauders where he was, and their excuse was always that he was sick. But, whenever you would announce that you would go see him at the hospital wing, they would do everything in their power to stop you.

But, today, you were determined to get to the hospital wing to see what was going on with him because there was so way someone could get sick so often around the same times.

This was your last class of the day, so as soon as it was over, you practically sprinted out of class and headed straight for the hospital wing. Luckily, the Marauders took their time with leaving the classroom, so they hadn't noticed you bustling out of the room. 

Once you got there, you slowly opened the doors and saw one bed in the back that had curtains covering it. You cautiously made your way over to the bed and opened the curtains when you got there.

You gasped as you saw Remus, causing him to quickly turn himself around and look at you.

"Oh my — Remus what happened to you? Are you alright?" You frantically asked.

"(Y/N), what are you doing here?" Remus asked, ignoring your other questions.

"I wanted to make sure you were alright. I thought you were just sick..." You said quietly as you looked at him. He had many new scars on his face and arms and a few bruises.

"Don't sorry about me, (Y/N), I'm fine." He said, brushing it off.

"Well, can you at least tell what the bloody hell happened?" You asked again.

Remus signed. "I can't. At least not now..."

You didn't understand why he couldn't tell you, but you definitely weren't going to force him to, so you nodded and sat down on the side of his bed.

You looked at him for moment. Even with all the scars on his face, he still looked undeniable handsome.

"I hope you'll get better soon." You said softly, brushing some his hair out of his face. Your hand lingered on his face, and you felt yourself leaning in toward him.

He was doing the same, and soon your lips met. But, as soon as they did, Remus pulled away.

"I'm sorry, I can't."

Your eyes widened and may emotions flashed over you. You didn't say a word as you stood up and ran out of the hospital wing, tears falling down your face.

You had been wanting for that to happen for as long as you can remember, and now that it did, he didn't even feel the same way.

As you were running off, you accidentally bumped into someone.

"Oh, sorry." You mumbled. You looked up and saw Sirius.

"(Y/N)? What's wrong?" He asked, seeing the tears on your face.

"It's nothing. I'm fine." You said sternly, not waiting for his answer as you went off rushing to your common room.

That night, you laid in bed, staring up at the ceiling, thinking where you went wrong with Remus. His words kept replaying in your head.

"I'm sorry, I can't."

But, there was one thing that was confusing you. Instead of saying he didn't want to, he said he couldn't. What did that even mean? What was stopping him from kissing you?

You thought over your time with him. All the times he was supposedly "sick", the times where he would come back to class with more scars on his face, how some days he looked dreadful. It was weird.

Then it came to you. How all those times he was feeling unwell, it was around the full moon. How the day he would miss classes, it was the day after the full moon.

Could it be? Could Remus Lupin very well be a werewolf? I mean, it all made sense to be honest. Even that weird nickname he has, Moony, as in the moon.

That was probably it. That was probably what was stopping him from want to be with me. He must've been afraid to hurt me, both physically and mentally. At least, you hoped that was the case.

If you were right, you didn't care that he was a werewolf. Remus was the sweetest, kindest, most caring person you've ever met. Hell, he even folds his socks!

You decided that you would confront him about this tomorrow.

...

You woke up the next morning and nervously got dressed, afraid that this confrontation might go wrong and it turns out that he actually doesn't like you. But, you were usually right about these things, so you weren't too worried.

As you were walking to the Great Hall, you spotted the Marauders a few feet in front of you.

"Remus!" You called out. He turned around and when he saw you, he immediately started to quicken his pace. Taking notice to this, you started running a bit to keep up with his long strides. "Remus!" You called out again. He ignored you and kept walking.

Finally, you got close enough to him to grab his wrist, causing him to stop. He slowly turned around, his eyes on the floor.

"Remus, look at me." You said softly. He slowly lifted his head and looked into your eyes. "I know, I mean, I think I know that you're a werewolf." You whispered, loud enough only for him to hear. His eyes widened.

"What? How did you figure it out? I mean, I understand if you don't want to be friends anymore, or whatever we are at the moment." He said quietly, looking away from me again.

"Why wouldn't I want to be friends with you?"

"I'm a monster, (Y/N)! I could hurt you. I could hurt you so bad but I would even know it. I'm not some cute fluffy thing, I'm a terrible creature and-"

You couldn't stand hearing him talk about himself like this so you lifted his head up and planted a kiss on his lips. He stiffened for a second before melting into it.

You were well aware that you were in the middle of the hallway with people walking around you guys, but you didn't care. Your time was cut short by the voice of James Potter.

"Get some, Moony!" You slowly stepped away from Remus to see not only James, but Sirius and Peter, all of them looking at you and Remus with smirks on their faces.

"We should probably run before they start asking us questions." Remus said.

"Good idea."

And with that you both rushed off, hand in hand, rushing off towards the kitchens to avoid Remus' friends.

<3