| 04 |

Warnings: None.

Background information on you: You are a sixth year Gryffindor and you have a crush on Sirius. You are friends with the Marauders but not super close with them. 

Word count: 1173

Reader's Pov

You were sitting in the Great Hall eating dinner with Lily next to you. The Marauders were seated only a few feet away from you guys.

You nudged lily on her side.

"I dare you to tell James he looks cute today." You snickered. Lily's eyes widened.

"No!" she paused for a moment. "Only if you tell Black he looks hot today." she added with a smirk. She knew you had a crush on Sirius. 

You signed and stared at her for a moment before deciding on your answer. "Fine. Hey, Black!" You called out. Not only did Sirius turn around, but so did the rest of the Marauders. Great, more people to watch me embarrass myself, you thought. 

"What?" he called back, a confused but amused look on his face.

"You look hot today." You shouted back. Sirius' eyes bulged out of his head and his face turned a bit pink.

"Uhh, w-what?" he stuttered. You laughed a little. I just made the Sirius Black stutter and blush.

"I said, you look hot." You repeated.

"Right. Thanks." He mumbled and looked down at his food. You smirked and turned to look at Lily, who was looking at you with her mouth agape.

"Your turn."

Lily signed annoyingly at you. "Hey, P-"

"No." You stopped her, "You have to call him James." Lily glared at you.

"J-James!" she called out. James whipped his head around so fast you thought it must've given him whiplash.

"Yeah?" He called back, a mixture of expressions flashing across his face.

"Um, you look cute today." She mumbled, but loud enough for him to hear.

"Really? Thanks!" He called back with the biggest smile on his face.

"I hate you." Lily growled at me.

"You know you love me."

...

You were making your way to class when you felt a presence next to you. You looked over your shoulder to see none other than Sirius Black.

"Oh, hello." You said, confusion lacing your tone. You didn't know why he had approached you, considering he had never really done this before.

"Do you really think I'm hot?" he asked teasingly, not even bothering to say hello to you first.

You scoffed at him. "No." Yes. "I only said it because Lily dared me to."

You saw his face fall for a second before he quickly recomposed himself.

"Well, (L/N), I think you do."

You rolled your eyes at him. "You wish, Black." And with that you left him, continuing your path to your class.

...

Classes were over for the day, and you had perched yourself on the couch in the Gryffindor common room, reading one of your favorite books.

You were enjoying this peace you had when suddenly, someone snatched your book out of your hand.

"Hey!" You shouted, looking up to see Sirius smirking. "Give that back."

"You know what? I think I'll keep it." he said, walking off as he pretended to look interested in the book.

"Black." You said threateningly, and he took one look at you before hurrying off up the boys dormitory staircase. 

Without thinking, you ran after him, and ended up following him into his dorm. When you walked in, he was standing in front of what you assumed was his bed. "Come on! Will you just give it back, it was just getting to the good part." You whined.

Sirius tapped his finger on his chin, looking like he was contemplating his answer. "No." he finally said.

You decided that talking him into giving it back to you wouldn't work, so you walked up to him, planning to snatch it out his hands, but you tripped on a pile of clothes on the floor and fell...right into Sirius. The impact made him fall back onto his bed, you landing on top of him. 

You faces were inches from each other, and you noticed that his face had turned beet red. You mumbled a "sorry," before quickly getting off of him. You saw that your book had slipped out his hands when he fell, so you picked it up and rushed out of the dorm, feeling very embarrassed. 

...

The next morning at breakfast you could barley look at Sirius. You honestly didn't think that your embarrassment would last through the night, but it did. You were sure that Sirius knew you were purposefully avoiding him, as you could feel his eyes landing on you almost any chance he got. 

This continued all throughout the day when Sirius was finally able to corner you in the corridors when you were walking to the bathroom after your last class had just ended. 

"What?" You said, looking down at your feet. 

"You haven't looked or talked to me all day." he said frustratingly. "Your still doing it now!"

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry." You said hastily, finally looking into his face for the first time since last night. You wish you hadn't, as his gaze made you melt. 

"Why were you avoiding me?" he asked softly, his eyes filled with worry. 

"It's nothing." You mumbled, playing with your hands. Sirius raised his eyebrows at you. You signed. "I was just — just embarrassed about what happened in your dorm." You said quietly. You honestly weren't sure if he had heard you.

But you knew he did when started laughing. Like, really laughing. "It's not funny, Sirius!" You huffed, crossing your arms over your chest as he clutched his stomach in pain from laughter. 

He laughs suddenly died down and he stared at you intently. "You just called me Sirius."

"Oh, did I?" You said, feeling your face heat up. "'Cause I don't think I — "

You were abruptly interrupted by the feeling of a pair of lips crashing onto to yours. Once you finally realized that Sirius was kissing you, he pulled away. 

"Oh gosh, I'm sorry." he said quickly. "I didn't mean to do that. I mean, I did want to do that — "

"Sirius — "

" — but I probably should've warned you or asked for your permission or something. You probably don't even like me that way — "

"Sirius!"

" — I mean you definitely deserve someone much better than me. Do you hate me? You hate me don't you? I wouldn't blame you if you did — "

"SIRIUS!" You shouted breathlessly, and he instantly stopped his rambling. "I don't hate you. And I do like you in that way." 

He blinked. "Really?"

You nodded your head as you took a step closer to him. You cupped his face with your hands and pulled him in for long and sweet kiss.  

When you pulled away, Sirius had a dazed look on his face, and you laughed at him. 

Words couldn't possibly express how happy you were in this moment. 

<3