People Can Change

Anna's POV
I fluttered my eyes open, and the memories of what had happened earlier. All I could feel was the pain rushing through my body. I looked around and realized that I wasn't on the floor, I was in a bed. Continuing with my search, I saw a body crumpled in a chair. Harry. My ears then began to work again and I heard sobbing. Actual sobbing.

"Harry, Harry what's wrong?"

My voice also decided to come back to me. Harry immediately shot up, and his eyes were red and watering, tears streaming down his cheeks.

"Anna I'm so sorry, so fucking sorry for what I did to you. I swear to god I didn't know it was you, cause I would never hurt you, you know that right?! I would rather die then hurt you! Please tell me you know that right"

I wanted to cry along with Harry but I decided that two people sobbing for hours wouldn't be productive so I decided to answer him.

"I know you wouldn't hurt me Harry, but why are you so upset? I'm fine aren't I?"

Harry started to tear up again, and his words were slurred.

"That's the thing, you've broken three ribs, and you have a major concussion, and it-it's all my fault"

My heart lurched but I couldn't believe the bad ass Harry Styles was dissolving into a puddle of tears. I looked down and sure enough I had bandages covering my stomach and ribs.

"Harry, stop it, it's not your fault, you didn't know it was me. "

"That's some dumb ass excuse and I won't take it, it was my fault, and my fault alone."

Harry got up, and sat down on the edge of my bed, just watching me. I then heard him whisper to himself.

"God what would I have done if you weren't okay."

I have never seen Harry be so emotional in my life. I actually felt bad for him, and maybe just maybe thought he wasn't all bad ass. I smiled at him which is something I thought I would never do.

"Harry, I'm fine please don't worry about me, it's okay."

Harry blushed which was almost the most adorable thing I have ever seen because he knew I heard what he said. We were in a comfortable silence until he spoke up.

"You're such a trooper, are you in pain?"

"A little, but I'm fine."

Wow I'm getting good at this lying thing, cause to be honest I taste blood from the amount of pressure from biting my cheek, trying to prevent myself from screaming in Harry's face.

"For God's sake woman stop saying your fine already! I'll go get you some painkillers."

I laughed seeing that I might not be as good at lying as I thought. Harry smiled and told me he would be back in a couple seconds, and left to go and get me some Advil. I started thinking about how a young Harry could change into something that mostly is cruel. I'm heard a knock and out popped a mop of curls.

"Hey, here's you're Advil."

I smiled and replied with a small thanks.

"How bad is the pain?"

"It's not as bad"
I replied hoping he doesn't see through my lie again.

"Anna, cut the shit, you think I haven't been noticing you chewing off your cheek? Ya well I have noticed. Why can't you just tell me your in pain?"

Crap he did notice.

"You already felt so badly about what happened, and I didn't want to bother yo-"