THE GYNE-GEORGIA-•

2019

Stephanie enters the hallway that leads to the conference hall, the place where doctors in their hospital gathers for a monthly meeting. She held her tumbler, of which contains the coffee made by professional barista, she doesn't trust her own hand anyway, she might ruined the entire taste.

Stephanie endeavor to prevent waste as much as she could, she collects numerous tumbler in her office so that she won't run out of any if she needs to get a cup of coffee.

Sun beams through the wall to ceiling window, casting shadows that follows Stephanie wherever she goes. She felt all recharged, the brightness of the nature always cheers her up.

'Morning, doctor Yang.' An unfamiliar voice seeks for her attention.

'Doctor Song,' she greeted the new Cardiologist with cheerful grin.

'Let me guess, Earl Grey?' Liam Song pointed at her tumbler as the walked the same direction.

'I'm a coffee person,' Stephanie replied ruefully.

Liam nodded and chuckles. As much as he prefers logical approach towards everything, sometimes things just doesn't work out the way he wants. Stephanie is one example, there's an unexplainable sense of warmth she radiates towards the people around her, and because of that, it draws him close to her. 'I'll take note.'

He opens the door and allows her to enters first. Stephanie didn't paid much attention to that small little gesture anyway, her eyes immediately scanned the room for Park, whose already sitting at the last row, closing his eyes as he rested his head on the table.

She paces towards where Park is and sat beside him. 'Coffee?' She passes the tumbler to him.

Liam noticed when he turn to look at Stephanie. He concludes that they were really close, it's evident.

Park woke up with blood shot eyes. He shakes his head to wake his senses and give his arms a stretch. He needed his morning run so badly.

Stephanie opens the lid of the tumbler and aroma of freshly grounded coffee instantly woke him up.

'When did your surgery end?' She asked.

Park took a sip of the hot coffee, just the right amount of cream and sugar. They both prefers cafe latte. 'Two hours ago. It's not a matter of when it ended, it's when it started, six hours ago.'

Stephanie did a mental calculation, 'midnight? Must be an emergency.'

'Brought straight up from the E.R, car accident, she has too many cuts and bleeding.' He took another sip. Coffee is magical, he thought, Park felt much better from the warm comfort drink. 'She's place in the ICU now, hopefully she'll made it through.'

Park headed straight to the on call room once the meeting ended, while Stephanie started her practices in her examination room. Her patient is already waiting for her.

Later today, during lunch hour, Stephanie has an appointment with the Gynecologist in their hospital, and since it's going to be a work colleague to perform a pap-smear, Stephanie prefers a female physician to do the job.

An email was sent to her regarding the form she has to fill before the check up, thus, she has to rush back to her own office to print that form.

As she enters the office, Stephanie jerks when there's a human inside sleeping like a dead log. Turns out, Park was sleeping on her sofa and not the on call room.

'What are you doing here?' As much as she's intrigued, Stephanie isn't really bothered that he enters without her permission, well, it's Park, he has free access.