Chapter 15

Ember's POV

Crow, Blade, and I climbed into Blade's truck on our mission to get to the grocery store. I was surprised in the end that Hawk allowed me to go I thought for sure I would have to find a way to sneak off the property. That man and his alpha male biker ways, even though I do kind of find it sexy, but I won't be admitting that to him anytime soon.

Once we made it to the grocery store we each had a cart. Blade tried to resist it but I told him if he didn't we'd have to make 2 trips into the store. He gave in after that. I've been really trying hard with him. I've recognized the signs of PTSD in him that I've seen with some of the girls I work with that have gotten out of human trafficking. Some of the other guys mentioned that he used to be in the army. I hope that he'll continue to let me in bit by bit.

Crow was acting like a child; he kept throwing things into the cart when he thought I wasn't looking. He and I had grown close during the times he had watched over me and Cass. It will sad when I have to leave.

"What are you making?" Crow asked interrupting my thoughts.

"Steak, loaded mashed potatoes, roasted asparagus, garlic bread, grilled shrimp, grilled corn on the cob, and of course brownies." I looked to Blade when I said that last part, he took a break from his constant vigilance of looking around the store to look at me. The tips of his mouth twitched and I know that was his way of smiling at me. I gave him a big smile to which he nodded at me once and went back to being vigilant.

We continued working our way down the aisles making sure we got everything I needed for the dinner. Checkout went smoother than I thought it would. We made it out to the truck and the guys were being stubborn not allowing me to help load the groceries. Blade was in the back end of his truck while Crow was handing him bags. While I was standing off to the side waiting for them to finish up.

I heard what sounded like a baby crying a couple cars down. I turned to see if the guys had heard anything but they were still busy loading the groceries. I went to check and see if someone needed help. As I rounded the first car someone grabbed me. I cried out.

I started trying to jerk away from the person holding me, "Hold her still will you while I get the cloth out." One of my captors said.

"Hey let her go!" I heard Crow call out. I heard two gun shots. I was able to elbow the man that was holding me and turn back towards Blade's truck. Blade and Crow were lying on the ground. Blade had been shot in the head and was lying face down, there was so much blood. Crow was leaning against Blade's truck with blood gushing from his chest. Neither was moving. They killed them. That was my last thought before the world went dark.

Hawk's POV Starting before the shopping trip

Once again Ember had made breakfast for all the brothers. She really was fitting in with all of my brothers so well. Several had asked me when I was going to make her my old lady. Truth was that I wanted to. I never wanted my Little Flame to leave, but I had to tread lightly. I didn't want to scare her off. I think I'm going to try and breach the subject with her tonight.

"Little Flame, I really do not feel comfortable with you leaving the compound." Ember wanted to go to the grocery store so she could make some big dinner for the club, but with the DR's out there just waiting for us to make a mistake I felt like it was a huge mistake.

"Hawk, I understand why you're scared, but Crow is going to go with me." She tried reasoning with me.

"Why can't we just send prospects to go get the groceries? Why do you have to be the one to go?" I do not see why she just has to be the one to go.

"Because I cannot trust they are going to get the right items. If you're that concerned about it why don't you just go with us?"

"I have too much going on here with restarting the businesses today and all that is going on with the DR's." Why can't she get this?

"I'll go," came a deep voice from behind us. I turned to see Blade standing there.

"Perfect!" Shouted Ember, "Now can we go or are going to argue more about this?"

I still wasn't comfortable but I knew that if anyone could protect her like I could Blade would. "Are you sure you want to go to a grocery store Blade?" He just shrugged his shoulders. He definitely has changed a lot since my Little Flame came. He has spoken a lot more and seems to have a spot for her. She's been good for him like she has with all the brothers. I gave a deep sigh, "Fine baby, but I need you to stay by both of them at all times. No exceptions."

A smile lit up her face as she launched herself at me and hugged my neck. "Thanks Hawk, I know this wasn't easy for you to do, but I need some independence and when you taste what I'm going to make tonight you won't regret it." She kissed my cheek and then ran off upstairs to get her bag.

I turned to Blade and Crow and fixed them with a glare, "If anything happens to her I'm holding both of you responsible." Crow looked scared and nodded fervently while Blade just shrugged his shoulders again but I could see the tips of his mouth twitch with amusement.

Ember came bounding back down the stairs and then she took off with the guys.

An hour later and I was in my office getting some work done with my back to the door. I heard someone walk into my office and quietly close the door. I turned around to see Cherry there. I let out an annoyed sigh. "Cherry what do you think you are doing in my office."

She slowly walked over to me with a smirk on her face. She reached up and ran her hand down my arm. "I just thought I could help you release some that tension you've been feeling. I can make you feel so good." She whispered the last sentence.

"Cherry I've told you countless time I'm not interested. Now you need to leave my office before I have to force you out." I told her in a tone that let her know I was serious. Unfortunately for Cherry she still couldn't get it.

"Come on Hawk I know that fat bitch isn't doing anything to take care of your needs. I can do whatever you want." She went to reach for my belt buckle, but I caught her wrist and gripped it harshly.

"Never say that about Flame again and get the fuck out of my office. Better yet, get the fuck out of my club. You're done." She looked at me in shock. I dragged her towards the door. I opened the door and called out for Buster. "Take Cherry to collect her things and escort her off the ranch. Inform everyone she is no longer welcome at Blood and Bones."

Cherry had been shocked speechless at this point, but when Buster grabbed her arm and started taking her towards the stairs then she began to scream out. "I was supposed to be your old lady, not that skank! She has done nothing but distract you since she got here! That's why I took care of her so we could be together!"

I did a double take at that last bit and everyone in the room froze when suddenly Blade came bursting through the clubhouse door blood coming from the side of his head "They took Ember and killed Crow" He growled out. Right then I felt my heart fall into the pit of my stomach. They had taken my Flame.