Chapter 10

Hawk's POV

After only crawling back into bed a couple of hours ago the last thing I wanted to do was leave the beauty that was in my arms but that is what I did. I have to keep her safe. So here I am sitting in church. Gage has just informed the brothers of what Snake said last night. To say they were angry would be putting it lightly. Blade looked ready to blow a gasket and there was a lot of yelling going on.

I had finally had enough, "Silence!" I shouted. Immediately everyone quieted down and sat back down. "I understand that everyone is upset, I'm extremely pissed off as well, but we've got to keep a level head here. If act without thinking the Devil's Runners are going to use that to their advantage." I explained, "They're looking to throw us off our game here and they want to use the women to do that. So we have to think this through."

"Who do you think could be Butch's informant?" Buster brought up the questions on all of our minds.

"I've been wracking my brain and I can't think of anyone that would sell out our club like this." I replied to him, truly feeling frustrated.

Blade let out snort. Everyone's eyes turned to him. "The clubwhores haven't exactly been quite about their dislike for those women." Blade explained. He had a point but I didn't think any of them would willingly hurt the club over something so petty.

"Yea right, they're just jealous of the little bit of attention they've taken from them. That's not enough of a reason for them to get those girls raped and killed." Buster scoffed at Blade's comment. I had to agree though it was a bit of a stretch that they'd do something like that over petty jealousy.

"Until we know who it is, nothing we talk about in here is talked about with anyone outside of this room. We need to keep tight lipped about our plans." I decided for now we just had to wait to see what we could find out.

"How are you thinking we'll be able to keep the women here? They've got lives and jobs to get back to. They're not going to want to stay here indefinitely." Screw spoke up. I noticed I wasn't the only one who looked a little crest fallen at the idea of them leaving. Seems they're making an impact on more than just Gage and me.

"Leave that to Gage and I. We'll talk to them today. Maybe we can talk to them into a small amount of time at first, say a week and then we just continue to prolong it until the danger over them is gone." The men seemed to like this idea. "For now they go nowhere without a brother or prospect with them, if you see them alone stay with them." Everyone grunted their approval. "If the DR's make no more moves today then we'll open back up the businesses tomorrow, but we'll remain on partial lockdown. Nobody rides alone and any of the women that go out have to go out with someone with them. Screw see if any of your contacts have heard anything on more movement from the DR's" I banged my gavel on the table signaling the end of church.

Once again Buster slammed open the door to from church and we were greeted with some wonderful smells. "Damn Prez, if you don't make her your old lady I might have to just for her cooking alone." Buster exclaimed staring right at me with a huge smile taking up most of his face.

I narrowed my eyes at him and started to move towards him. Gage grabbed my arm before I could get very far. "He's screwing with you Hawk. They all love her like a sister nothing more; he just wants to get a rise out of you." Gage told me with a laugh.

I shook my head and smiled a little. They were all being very protective of the women. He loved the idea of his brother's being protective of his Flame. A wave of pride washed over him of how she had already impressed his club just by simply being herself.