《1》Encounter

-One random morning-

(Geno's POV)

I stepped outside; perfect weather! Which was good since I was headed to the market in town.

I stepped out of my house and towards my stables. The dirt and grass making a crunchy sound as I walked over.

"Good morning Geno!"

"Morning Blue!"

That's Blue, my neighbor. He's perhaps one the most cheerful people in the town. It's rare to see him feeling down, but that shouldn't make you think he's weak, he's won a good amount of fights. Some which I've had the luck of viewing.

"How are you?" Blue asked with a smile.

"I'm doing alright, thanks for asking," I said while grabbing my white and black freckled horse from the stable.

I got on Vanilla (her full name being 'French Vanilla Coffee the 1st'), and started heading towards the middle of town. Vanilla and I needed to get a few things from the town market.

I approached a colorful store. Fruits, vegetables, and other edible food were on display. The owner smiling as I got closer.

"Oh, hello Geno!"

Ink, he owns a little market full of food, supplies, and paint. Loads of it. Paint was needed in case the paint on our houses wore off. He's also an informative person, knows all the things that are spoken of in town. You could say he's pretty nosy, or just well-informed. Which can be helpful to me sometimes. We were close for a while.

"Hello, good morning!" I smiled a little awkwardly, getting off of Vanilla and grabbing some apples and handing some gold to Ink to be charged.

"I heard we'll be having another contest soon!" Ink said excitedly as he took the coins, stashing them in his inventory.

"Really? It's been two years since the last one.. When will it be?" I asked curiously as I tied the bag of apples so they wouldn't fall out.

"The paperwork will be delivered to everyone tonight, and it must be signed in order to get in! The papers will be due in a few days. We'll be informed when the contest will begin afterwards." He said as he helped another customer.

"I will be waiting then, thanks for the info Ink!"

"No problem!"

I swung myself over Vanilla and began trotting home. I was excited for this contest, every one of them is different. Some were meant for children, some had more difficult obstacles, and it was all in all really fun.

Vanilla neighed excitedly as we got closer to the house.

"What's wrong?"

I saw somebody riding a horse in the distance, and they were headed towards here. Who the hell are they?

(Nobody's POV)

Geno had decided to go towards the person instead of home.

The figure started getting closer either way. Then after a while, they were completely visible.

They stopped in front of Geno, who had also stopped.

"What're you doing here- Who are you??" Geno asked the stranger. The figure stared at Geno and answered.

"I'm Reaper, and I've come to live here and claim some land. I also heard there is a sort of 'contest' that's gonna happen soon?"

"You're right, but you're an outsider... I can't just let you into the town. Is there any specific reason to you wanting or needing to stay here?" Geno questioned Reaper, curious.

"Look, I'm just trying to get some land and make a bit of money. You're making me impatient with all this chit chat." Reaper hissed angrily.

"Oh, you think it's easy to just move into this town? You'll have to identify yourself with the mayors of the town first if you plan on staying." Geno spoke with a tone of annoyance in his voice, not liking the newcomer already.

"Well excuse me for bein' a stranger and wantin' a home." Reaper said saracstically as he gave Geno an angry stare.

"Well I'm the sheriff here, so I say we take you to the owners of the town and see what they think of you." Geno said still glaring at Reaper angrily this time.

(Reaper's POV)

Great, now I have to deal with this little hurdle somehow.

I'm only here to steal and win some gold, both from the contest and from other people or places. Then, once I'm done with this town, I'll move onto the next. That's my plan, but it may be hard to go through with this knowing that I, admittedly, upset the guy.

But hey, I'm in a grumpy mood today. It ain't my fault.

(Geno's POV)

Who does this guy think he is?! Coming over acting like he owns the place. He surely doesn't even have enough gold to buy a home! With that kind of clothing, it's possible he doesn't.

-At Nightmare and Dream's office-

(Nobody's POV)

"WHAT?!" Geno slammed his fists on Nightmare's desk.

"You heard me, he can stay, and since you have more land than anyone else, you will share it temporarily with Reaper." Nightmare said while tapping his fingers on his desk tiredly.

"BUT- HE CAN JUST BUY LAND FROM YOU GUYS!- WHY DOES HE HAVE TO STAY WITH ME?!-" Geno raged.

"There is no available houses or lands at the moment, Geno. They're being renovated and some are being used for the contest." Dream scratched the back of his neck nervously, speaking from the other side of the room, trying to put Geno at ease.

Dream got up from his seat and walked over to be right next Nightmare.

"After the contest, we'll be able to provide whatever we can to the newcomer! It'll only be a few days Geno, I'm sure you can handle him."

"That doesn't make this situation any better!- He!-"

"Don't disobey my orders sheriff." Nightmare got up from his chair as he put his hands on the table.

Geno sighed in defeat. For a little guy, his presence alone was pretty scary.

"Fine."

Nightmare sat back down, picking up a pen in the process.

"Good, now take Reaper to your ranch and show at least some decent hospitality will you? Try not to let him leave your sight, he could get lost."

"Yes Nightmare." Geno rolled his eyes with sarcasm.

Nightmare wasn't phased by his attitude, and he began writing on pieces of paper.

(Geno's POV)

Oh just you wait Nightmare. We'll be inseparable. I'll keep a close eye on him, and I will make sure he knows not to mess with me or this town. I'm the one who owns the place here.

End of Chapter 1

(Hi, whoever reads this book I am grateful for you reading, this is my very first book I've written, hope you enjoy the first chapter! Can I also have a bit of feedback on the chapters? I need to know if it is good so far. I will most likely keep updating chapters for any spelling mistakes or just mistakes in general.)