Mice

As we pulled up to the restuarant and got out of the car, I stopped to gape at the beautiful building we were going to be eating in. It was huge, an absolute palace of a place, and we were all immediately greeted at the door by two young men in suits. One of them, the taller one, led us to a rounded table where we took our seats, me sitting next to Ryan and Jade. As we settled in, Dustin shot Ryan and I pointed looks, like he knew something we didn't. I exchanged a glance with Ryan, and he simply shrugged slightly. The waiter came by a few seconds later, introduced himself as Pete, and asked us what we would like to drink. I got Sprite, as it's one of the only drinks on the menu that doesn't give me a headache, and we all chatted happily.

"So Jade and I have some pretty exciting news," Dustin clapped his hands together slightly as he said this sentence, earning a soft laugh from his girlfriend. I raised my eyebrows.

"Oh?" He nodded, clearly excited.

"Yeah!" I rolled my eyes.

"Well, are you going to share?" Dustin nodded.

"Oh, yeah! Well, Jade and I... we're engaged." I blinked a few times, processing this information, before smiling.

"That's wonderful, Dustin." His smile grew wider once he saw that I approved. How could I not? She made him so happy, and they had been dating since eighth grade. I knew this would come sooner or later. I glanced over at Ryan, who met my gaze with a smile. I nodded ever so slightly, letting him know that it was okay to tell now. He nodded back, and spoke up over Jade and Dustin's laughter.

"Uh, Jaspar and I have some news as well..." Dustin stopped laughing and looked at Ryan seriously.

"Yes?" He said calmly, putting on best friend, big brother mode. He seemed scary, as he was tall and could throw a pretty mean glare, but I knew he was all soft. Ryan blinked, not breaking his gaze with Dustin.

"Jas and I, we're... well, we're... together." He finally murmured out, cheeks flushing slightly. Jade immediately smiled happily.

"Oh hooray! Dustin and I were betting on when this would happen!" My best friend groaned, and shoved his hand into his pocket, feeling around for his wallet. He took the small object out and handed his fiancee ten dollars, which she gladly pocketed. I laughed lightly, glad they had taken it easily, even expected it. Ryan threaded our fingers together, and we all continued to talk and laugh and eat.

---

As we were finishing dinner, Dustin insisted on getting the bill, claiming that he had invited us, so he would be paying for us. I started to object, but saw that it was useless, so I shut my mouth and let him take it. We all walked out together, Jade hand in hand with Dustin, and my fingers intertwined with Ryan's. As we approached the car, Jade pointed upwards.

"Hey! Look!" As we all directed our gazes towards the night sky, I gasped slightly. The moon was full, shining light down onto us, while the stars danced and glittered around it. It was breathtaking, even though it looked as any other full moon did. I suppose I just hadn't stopped to look at it. I'll try to more often. I felt Ryan squeeze my hand, and I lowered my gaze, meeting his hazel eyes, and I smiled. Everyday should be like this, happy and lovely, and full of people whom I care for. As we got in the car, I placed a light kiss onto Ryan's cheek, earning a goofy smile and a light blush. We all drove home together, agreeing that we could watch a movie or play a game or something when we arrived.

/hey, sorry for the somewhat shorter filler chapter. It's been busy and it's three thirty eight. I can't sleep. -Mikey\