Meteor Shower

Rue

They said SHIELD had created a new Avengers base for the team. Instead of the tower, it was just a site on green land with water beside it. It still remained the A she designed.

After coming to terms with the Scarlet Witch who had mourned the death of her brother, Rue walked alongside her inside the facility. With his straight but congratulated face expression, Nick Fury stood in front of them with Maria on the side.

He finally broke into a smile and faintly made a clap before pivoting and walking away, giving the team to disperse and scour the site.

Rue obtained a room and so peacefully laid down on the bed, letting the mattress seep into the curves of her back. She deeply inhaled then exhaled, allowing her subconscious to float from her body.

In her blue skeleton, she walked through the walls and appeared in the hallways. She went to the next room to find Wanda curling her hands for the energetic to float around and she stepped out.

Still, in her black suit, Natasha recorded a video for the jet they took to Sokovia but never returned when the Hulk went in. She finished the video and sighed, closing the tab, when Nick approached her.

"He'll be back," he said.

"Well I don't know, there's no signal and it could've crash-landed somewhere," she told him.

He somewhat had a look of pity on his face and tilted his head and turned to leave. Following his motions, Rue made her way down the hallways to see Tony, Thor, and Steve talking.

"Since the Mind Stone is in Vision I guess you don't need to lock it up," Tony said.

"I guess so," Thor faintly chuckled.

The god twirled his hammer and walked away, leaving the two staring at him.

"If the hammer was put in the elevator and it still went up..." Steve trailed off.

"Then the elevator isn't worthy," Tony finished and they made a stressed fit.

Trailing the blond and brunette out of the facility, Thor had taken the Bifrost to Asgard and Clint had gotten into Tony's car. The billionaire shook hands with the captain before getting into the driver's seat and they drove away.

Rue returned to her room and was about to attach her body when Vision walked through the doors. She looked at him as he stared at her body then his eyes lifted, solely on her eyes.

"I can see you," he spoke.

She frowned, waving a hand in the air and he blinked trying to catch it but their hands passed through each other.

"I can see you."

"How?" she asked, crossing her arms.

She fell back into her body then arose in reality, to stare at him.

"I don't know, I saw you walking out of Wanda's room and around the base," he explained.

"I was in my astral state."

"We were created in different ways and we still don't know the extent of our powers neither does Wanda, nothing new should be surprising," he said with a blink and walked through the door.

Her eyes flickered in fair confusion and she snapped out when her phone buzzed.

'Meet me outside' Steve texted.

Finally changing out of her suit, she wore casual clothes and stepped into a portal that led to the sunset outside. She looked around the driveway not finding Steve but saw his blond hair and muscular body at a small hill beside a tree.

Sneaking behind him, she gave him a back hug and he lightly chuckled, turning around for a kiss. His hands cupped her cheeks when his smile faded, letting his lips tightly press against hers and ran his fingers down her curly hair to her waist.

She broke away from his face, looking into his blue eyes that sparkled and her head dropped to hide the grin on her face.

"Let me see," he whispered, lifting her chin.

When their eyes met once more, she could feel her veins pulse the odd color and twinkle in her eyes like space beyond. He grabbed her hand and led her to the shadowy side of the tree and her eyes enlarged at the small picnic he'd set.

"Now that it's over, we finally get a chance," he said, letting her sit first and they began to eat the late lunch.

"For what?" she asked, slightly raising her eyebrows.

"Hmm... uh- well, since... I figured," he stuttered.

"Of course, Steve, don't stress yourself out," she joked.

————————

In the arms of her newfound lover, Rue liked the way night had fallen and it was just the two of them stargazing. She enjoyed the picnic and now the way he held her, she felt safe.

"Do you think anyone's watching?" she whispered.

"Let them take a picture, it'll last longer," he chuckled.

His chin rubbed on her head as his chest rose and fall with his breaths and his arms readjusted themselves on her. She found his hands and slowly played with his fingers until her eyes trailed up to him curiously staring. She smiled and turned her head placing a peck on his lips, then went back to the fiddling.

"Scientists like to predict astrological events," she said.

"Like what?"

Her veins heavily pulsed to her hands and with the change Wanda had caused, her hands lifted to the sky and she made a pulling motion. With just that, thousands of stars were visible from Earth with the naked eye and twinkled above them.

He gasped, slowly getting drawn to the beauty she created. And with another flick, she could feel a meteor shatter and she tugged on the gravity to draw it to their planet. She looked wonderfully at the sky to see the meteor shower sprinkle in the atmosphere.

"They'll never see that one coming," she said.

Away from the shower, Steve's eyes gaped at hers and he pressed his forehead against hers along with his lips, letting both of their tongues slip in.

"I love you," he whispered in between kisses.

Rue could feel more meteors erupt in the silence of their physical emotions and she softly bit his lip.

"I love you too."

———————

Pluto Project- Rex Orange County