Destruction

Rue

"Who the hell is Ultron?" Steve questioned with a slight tone of anger as the team piled into the lab.

"An AI that we partially created to help protect the world; hence, the party," Tony explained.

He pulled down a hologram and sighed at the destroyed Jarvis and the remaining neurons of Ultron.

"He was programmed to help the world but he did say that we are the cause of destruction," Nat muttered.

"With his design, we don't know what he can do," Bruce said.

"Start by killing Strucker," Maria spoke.

"Why would he need Strucker?" Tony inquired but there was no reply.

"Do you have any idea where your creation is?" Steve questioned.

"Well he didn't take all of the Iron Legion and he killed Strucker so he'll need a base to make some more..." Rue trailed off.

"Sokovia," Tony thought.

"Well, why don't you go stake it out before we take your wild deduction and go to Sokovia," Clint directed at her.

She pursed her lips and closed her eyes. Feeling her veins pump stronger, her subconscious snatched away from her body and when she turned around, her conscience was still intact with her body to keep it standing.

Looking at everyone staring at her body to wonder if she was in her astral state, she opened a portal to the cell in Sokovia.

The cold dark place brought an unsettling feeling in her as she walked around in her blue skeleton. The base had been shut down as she searched for any signs of technological life.

Finding nothing, she portalled back to her body and found Steve waiting for her.

"Anything?" he asked as she opened her eyes.

"No," she shook her head. "You?"

"Yeah, we found a site in South Africa where Ultron's going to buy vibranium. He has two acolytes, the Maximoff twins so don't be surprised to see them," he explained.

She walked beside him in the quiet disarray of the lounge and into the elevator for the jet on the roof.

"Are we not going to talk about the energy intake?" he asked, resting his hands on his belt.

"I'm still learning."

When they reached the top, they stepped out to the windy weather and tightened the jacket around her body, quickly making it to the jet where it took off when the door raised.

"This is for you," Nat faintly smiled, handing her folded clothes.

Rue felt the loose fabric in her hands that almost seemed elastic and her eyes confusedly followed the redhead as she sat in the pilot seat next to Clint. Moving to the back of the ship that cornered the wing, she took off her dress and put on the dark blue and black ombré that fit her perfectly.

Feeling a presence behind her, she projected herself as she continued to change to see Steve trying not to look in the corner. She returned to her body and exhaled, retying the shoelace.

When the jet landed, Thor, Iron Man, the Captain America took off to somewhat scare the workers with their presence.

"I'll just stay in here," Bruce said.

"What do the twins look like?" Rue questioned.

"I encountered the male back in Sokovia," Clint said, pulling up a picture.

Rue held her breath and felt Nat's eyes on her.

"I know them," she whispered. "Pietro and... I didn't get her name."

"Wanda," Nat said.

"I met them in Sokovia," she said. "And they're just as weird as me. We need to go."

Opening a portal, the two followed her into the fight the three were in, taking down the shooters and robots. A quick silver blur ran past her, tripping at her feet and she landed on her back but Thor's hammer pushed him down.

A hole was created in the ceiling when Iron Man pursued Ultron as she created multiple different portals with her hands to suck in the drones.

"Be careful of the witch!" Thor shouted.

Rue walked peacefully around the boat and stepped over a bot, creating a portal when she heard a gunshot fire. She figured the earpieces were down when it went silent.

"I got her," Clint spoke.

"Everyone else is down," she replied, going over to Nat.

Looking into her eyes, she noticed the red sparkle and her face fell drowsy and she helped her outside. She set her on the side to take air when she saw Wanda crouching behind the metal. She glanced at the ship that crackled in open wires knowing there wasn't enough time to get there without getting seen.

"You survived," the accented voice spoke and she turned.

"With a little gift," she said.

Rue noticed the scarlet energy floating around her hand as she twirled her hand. Consuming the power she fired, she sprinted towards her and slid under, kicking her in the knee bend.

Wanda's hand combat seemed weak but the abilities made her strong, offending the defensive moves. Turning off the gravity, Rue returned it, dropping her on the ground and she grunted with a faint smirk, lifting her in the air.

With a swipe, she flew across and automatically opened a portal to land on the grass. The girl in scarlet approached her and twirled her hand around her head, trying to do something. An expression of confusion fell on her face, giving the blue a chance to slam her into the ground.

"Go to sleep, go to sleep, go to sleep," Tony repeated into her earpiece.

Looking into the distance, a smoke cloud formed in the sky from a destroyed building and a suit missile deployed to the city.

"I took the big one," Wanda chuckled.

Rue punched her unconscious and traveled to the demolished city just for Iron Man to put down the uncontrollable Hulk that had been affected by the witch. The people running across the streets and wailing filled her ears made her curl her fists.

In the large cage, the Hulk plunged it underground to rise from above, throwing Iron Man a mile away. Rue stepped into sight and his red savage eyes glared at her with a roar.

Setting in Zero-G, he raised and plummeted down. Up, then down again. Floating him across the street, he seemed to handle it and when he smashed the ground again, he swiped her off her feet.

Tony came back in to try and cover his face from sight but he took off the mask, punching him. The Hulk turned to face her and her veins pumped a heavy blue to match the force when their fists collided, creating a heavy wind.

He quickly switched and grabbed her arm to slam in the ground and she opened a larger portal to take him with her.

The Hulk struggled in mid-space in the separate air bubble she created. Watching him fight with himself in the abyss, she exhaled, returning to Earth.

————————

No Time To Die- Billie Eilish (piano)