eight | love & the townhouse

a/n - what a rollercoaster this was🤠 enjoy x

***

When you walked into the townhouse room after a long walk back from your old house, your legs burning with exhaustion. Somewhere along the way, you're foot had started to hurt too, a reminder that you'd kicked your way through a wooden door and were now paying the consequences. 

Bill, Beverly and Eddie were all standing in the center of the room, and their gazes snapped to you the moment you entered. Shutting the door quietly behind you, you were quick to notice how Eddie was drenched in an unidentifiable black liquid. 

"Oh my god, (Y/n)." Beverly choked, running towards you and wrapping you into a strong hug. She didn't seem to care you were covered in soot from the fire, only that you were here and you were safe. You hugged her back as hard as you could.

"Wh-What happened to you?" Bill was suddenly at your side, patting you down and examining you, most likely to find any injuries. His voice and features were laced with concern as he looked you over. 

"I saw him." You choked, looking into Bill's eyes. He tensed. "I saw Pennywise."

In the corner of your eye, you saw Eddie run his hands through his hair, before turning and running up the stairs. 

Beverly sent you an apologetic look, before running after him, calling his name to try and get him to talk to her. You were guessing he hadn't told the others what had happened to him, either.

Bill didn't pay Bev and Eddie any attention as he led you to sit down on one of the sofa's, before running off somewhere and coming back with a wet towel. 

He began cleaning the soot and dirt from your face wordlessly, you and liked it that way. 

He was kneeled in front of you as you sat. He helped you take off Eddie's (ruined) jumper, revealing your semi-untouched white shirt underneath. 

After rubbing most of the soot and dirt away, he brought you one of his sweaters- this one was black, and you looked at him gratefully as you put it on. You felt clean as you put you brushed the soot from your hair and tied it back/put it in a comfortable position.

Bill came to sit beside you on the couch, and the two of you still hadn't uttered a word to each other. You broke the silence. 

"Where's everyone?"

"Richie's here, b-but he wants to go home. B-Ben's up there convincing him to stay. E-Eddie and Bev are up th-there, too." Bill replied, a stutter still evident in his voice.

"I'm scared, Bill." You suddenly choked before you had the time to think about what you were saying. You didn't want to seem like a baby, but at the same time, you just wanted to be held by someone and told it was going to be okay. "Aren't you scared?"

He stared at you for a moment, before he twisted his body to wrap you in a hug. "All of us are scared. That what worries me."

"B-because that's what It w-wants."

"We can do this, okay? But we have to stick together." He replied to your shaky voice, pulling back and staring into your eyes.

You knew you shouldn't be feeling the little electric spark that pulled you into him. You knew it wasn't right. But you felt as if you were a kid again, and Bill was standing right in front of you. Your Bill. The same Bill that had saved you, and helped you. 

That's all you were thinking about before suddenly, he was leaning forward. 

When his lips touched yours, it wasn't like those romantic movies you watched- it just... Familiar. Almost like it felt right. Almost like you had known his touch your whole life, and your body had been waiting to feel it again.