Chapter 9

<Hiccup POV>

I was sleeping soundly once I feel a breath on my face waking me up. I then hear Toothless calling out to me. I open my eyes to see Toothless in front of me and he snuggle his nuzzle on my face.

Hiccup : Hey, Toothless. I'm happy to see you too. OWH, what, uhh. I'm in my house. Uhm, you're in my house.

I said as he keeps snuggling onto me when he accidently steps on my wound making me wince in pain. I look around confuse to see I am in my house and then turn to look at Toothless. He then trashes around my house making a whole mess.

Hiccup : Uh, does my dad know you're here? Uh, what? Okay, okay.

Toothless then came to me and sniff me then turn away jumping onto the railing of the house.

Hiccup : Toothless, no. No, Toothless. Oh, come on-

I said as I push my blanket away from me. But once I tried moving my leg, I feels there is something different. I look down to my leg as Toothless get down from the railing to my side. He looks at me. I heave out a sigh and put my legs down the bed.

Toothless then come close to my fake leg and sniff it. He then brings his head up to my face. I look at my left leg with a heavy heart as it is now a fake one. But, hey, at least my right leg is fine.

I hold the end of my bed and use it as a support for me to stand up. It feels really uncomfortable, but for now, it'll do. I take one step forward and release the only support I had, standing on my own. I then tried taking one more step forward but stumble forward as Toothless help me from falling down.

Hiccup : Okay. Thanks bud.

I thank Toothless and he help me walk up to the front door with me using Toothless as my support. I get away from Toothless and open the door seeing a Monstrous Nightmare roaring outside making me close the door back quickly.

Hiccup : Toothless, stay here.

I open the door seeing Snotlout riding on the Monstrous Nightmare with the others following behind him.

Snotlout : Come on, guys. Get ready! Hold on tight! Here we go!

I the look around the village seeing lots of dragons around with some flying freely in the sky while some is resting on the houses. There's a big bowl full of fish in the middle of the village with some dragons eating it. The Vikings were all walking freely with the dragons instead of attacking them like they always do.

Hiccup : I knew it. I'm dead.

Then my father came up to me laughing since he heard what I said. He put his right hand on my right shoulder guiding me and showing me the view in front of me.

Stoick : Hahahaha, no, but you gave it your best shot. So, what do you think?

My dad asks me and before I could reply to him, one of the Vikings shout out my name making everyone to turn to look at me then come swarming around me.

Random : Hey, look, it's Hiccup!

I then look at my father confusedly.

Stoick : Turns out, all we needed was a little more of this.

Hiccup : You just gestured to all of me.

Gobber : Well, most of you. That bit's my handiwork. With a little Hiccup flair thrown in. You think it'll do?

Gobber came and gesture to my fake leg. I look down to my fake leg and inspect it a bit.

Hiccup : Ah, nah. I might make a few tweaks.

I said making the people around me laugh. Then, I heard (Y/N)'s voice calls out to me and see she is pushing around the Vikings to reach me.

Y/N : HICCUP!

Once she was out of the crowd and stand in front of me, she looks at me before running up to me and put her arms around my body, hugging me, burying her face in my chest. I was shock as my body tense with my hands up in the air.

Y/N : Hiccup, you finally wake up....

She said making me look down at her and look at her gently. I then hug her back.

Hiccup : Yeah, sorry about that.

We stay in that position for who knows how long before I heard a soft snore from (Y/N). I look down to see (Y/N) have fallen asleep in my embrace as I support her weight. My dad then came to me and take (Y/N) princess style, putting her head on his shoulder.

Stoick : I guess all those days she stay up late at night have taken a toll on her body.

Hiccup : Stay up late?

Stoick : Urm. She stays up late this past two weeks almost three weeks you're unconscious. She helps me take care of you when I am busy planning out the village to make it comfortable for the dragon to live with us. She even sometime wouldn't sleep the whole day or eat anything unless I talk her out of it. She would mostly stay seated beside your bed and tend to your wound.

Hiccup : I'm unconscious for almost a three weeks and she have been tending on me besides you?

Stoick : Erm. She insists on helping treating you.

As I heard my father said that, my gaze falls on the sleeping face of (Y/N). I stare at her sleeping face until someone punch my shoulder a bit to hard making me yelp in pain. I turn around to see Astrid is the one who did it.

Astrid : That's for scaring me.

Hiccup : Wait, what? Is it always going to be this way? 'Cause-....

Before I could finish my sentence, Astrid grab my collar and pull me and my first instinct is to turn my head to the left making Astrid to kiss my cheek. The Vikings were all cheering seeing this, but for me and Astrid, we're both froze and tense up as we part from each other.

Normally, I would be delighted to be kiss by Astrid of all people, but somehow, right now, I don't want that to happen. I was confused as to why wouldn't I want it. I turn to look at my dad when my eyes accidently fall on (Y/N) lips. I can feel my face heating up as my heart beat picking up its speed.

I get out of my trance as I see Gobber holding something and give it to me which I take.

Gobber : Welcome home.

Random : Night Fury! Get Down!

The Vikings said as they look up to the sky. Toothless then jump on top of the Vikings making them stumble back and fall to the ground and stood in front of me. Me and Astrid look at each other and burst out, laughing.

I then put on the fake tail Gobber gave me on Toothless while my dad gets inside our house to put the sleeping (Y/N) down on the bed. I then get on Toothless back, testing out the tail and look at Astrid who's already on her dragon. I turn to look at Toothless.

Hiccup : You're ready?

I ask Toothless and he shake his head signalling that he's ready. Me and Astrid then took of with our dragon and fly through the village happily without any concern. This is the best day of my life since we will live with the dragons from now on. Me and Astrid keep on flying around the village and soon, the others join too.

_______________________________________________________