𝟒|| 𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑

⇢ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 ⇠
❝ᴱᴺᶜᴼᵁᴺᵀᴱᴿ❞

You wake up the next day in your bed. You slowly open your eyes. The rays of sunlight creeped into your room and found the way to your eyes, making it hard for you to look around. You put your hand above your eyes as a shield from the sun and take a look at the time. It was 9AM. You turn around to face the wall, hundreds of thoughts going through your mind, even at this early hour. Should I be doing this? You sigh. No, the world's a wicked place. The world needs Kira. You sigh again and get out of bed.

You make your way to the bathroom and wash your face. You look at youself in the mirror I can't even recognize myself anymore. Who am I? Did I change for the good or the bad? you sigh. What even is good or bad at this point.

The decision you made last night troubled you, but you couldn't change the past. Now you had to move forward, as Kira's accomplice, bringing justice to the world.

≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋

Time passed by quickly. The entrance exam was approaching slowly but surely. Besides studying and hoping that you'll end up at your dream university, you had to help Light on his mission to purify the world, and things were getting complicated.

You didn't get to spend much time with him ever since he told you he was Kira, in order for you to seem less suspicious. After all, you were most capable to take on this quest. You knew what Kira wanted, and your way of thinking wasn't very different from his, so if anything went downhill, you were going to become the next Kira. But you two did get to exchange a few words, and you had heard that the famous detective, L, was investigating this case.

Criminals' names were not made public anymore, as a way to stop Kira from killing them. But this made no difference, because Light had access to his father's files. This made L suspicious of the police and their families, slowly narrowing it down to Light's family. He put cameras and wire tapes around the house to keep an eye on Light. But Light caught on quickly making sure he wasn't seen by the police when he wrote culprits' names in the Death Note. After a few days of unsuccesfully finding evidence of Light being Kira, the police took out the spying devices.

Now you were on your way to the entrance exam, walking alongside Light, your hands touching. He didn't seem bothered by the important test, but there was something else on his mind. You had a feeling it was about L, but you didn't dare ask him about it, at least not in public.

As soon as you entered the class you were going to take the exam in, you felt a stare burn the back of your neck. You turn your head slowly and you see a guy slouching, with big eyebags and black messy hair, looking both at you and Light. He was observing you closely. You didn't like the way he was looking at you, so you spun your head back around and tugged a bit on Light's shirt, attentioning him.

The whole exam session he kept his eyes fixed on Light. What if he's L, or someone he sent to spy on him? you think. No, if it was someone who was working for L he wouldn't be so obvious, and L wouldn't just show himself. Either way, I have a feeling we're going to find out soon enough. you think to yourself, with that turning your attention back to the test.

≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋

The exam went smoothly. You had gotten a pretty good grade, ending up at the same university as Light. He, on the other hand, got a perfect score - as expected of him - along with the strange-looking guy.

You never managed to shake the weird feeling he gave you. Every time he would look at you you could feel shivers running down your spine. This guy was trouble, and you knew Light knew it too.

Light and the stalker were now both on the podium, in front of everyone, giving an enouraging speech. Light smiled widely, a smile only you could see the worry behind. It was then the guy's turn, and he took out a crumpled up paper from his jeans' pocket, holding it in a very weird position, and started to talk. After they both finished, Light came back and sat beside me, with the suspicious dude on his other side.

"Yagami Light, right?" you heard him say.

You pretended to mind your own business, looking through your bag.

"Yeah," Light says, reluctanly. "Why?"

You could feel him stare harder into Light's eyes, even if you weren't looking at him.

"I am L."