𝟐|| 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐓𝐇

⇢ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨 ⇠
❝ᵀᴴᴱ ᵀᴿᵁᵀᴴ❞

"S-shinigami?" you mutter to yourself.

The Shinigami giggles. "Smart one she is, Light."

You turn to Light with a confused expression but before you can say anything he covers your mouth and pushes you inside the janitor's closet, closing the door behind you.

You feel his body press against yours and you can't help but feel your cheeks turn a bright red color.

"Listen," you hear him whisper in your ear, feeling his warm breath against your neck. "You can't tell anyone about this, okay?"

You frown and take his hand off of your mouth. "I won't tell anyone, unless you tell me what's going on." you say, knowing he's hiding something. You look him dead in the eye, wishing you could get a reaction from him to help you figure out his secret.

You weren't going to let this man outsmart you. You might've let your grades slip because of your Shinigami obsession, but you had an intelligent mind. You could tell he was hiding something. Something important he didn't want the wrong person knowing.

He looks at you for a second, as if deciding if revealing the truth to you was a good idea or not, then sighs and answers.

"Alright. We'll talk at my house, after school." he steps away from you, giving you room to breathe.

He then opens the door and walks away, leaving you in awe.

≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋

You walk out the school gate, looking down. You hear footsteps behind you and when you turn you see your friend Mayuko running up to you.

"Hey, [Y/N]!" she stops beside you. "We're still on for tonight, right? Because I found this movie you might really li-"

"Yeah, about that... Something came up and I don't think I can make it, sorry."

Mayuko frowns.

"Well, what came up then?"

"What?"

"Come on, you can tell me! I'm your best friend!" she pleaded.

"Um," you take a moment to think about your answer. "I have a study date."

"With whom?"

"Hey, [Y/N]! You ready?" you hear a familiar voice behind you.

As you both turn around to see who it is, you watch Mayuko's jaw drop to the ground.

"Yeah," you turn back. "I'll see you tomorrow, Mayuko." you say, leaving her staring after you in disbelief.

You and Light start walking to his house. The whole time you were both silent. You were caught up in your own thoughts, trying to figure out what was going on, while Light seemed to be more concernd if you were trustworthy or not. With every step he took he seemed to be regretting his decision more.

Then, he broke the silence.

"What do you think about Kira? I want your honest opinion."

That question took you by surprise. You stopped dead in your tracks and looked up at him. Why is he asking me that? Is his secret related to Kira, and this is his way of warning me that if I fuck up he'll tell Kira to kill me? you think.

After a moment you start walking again, looking at the ground. "My honest opinion on Kira?" you sigh. "Well, by law he's considered a criminal. By human nature he's considered a hero. Every person chooses to see this situation differently." you take a breath and look back up at Light. "I think that Kira is doing what the police were too afraid to do. Therefore, I think Kira should be the law."

He looks at you, with a gleam of interest in his eyes.

A few minutes of silence pass by until you reach his house.

"Here we are. Let's go in."

You walk into his house. It looked just like an ordinary house. You would never guess Light's dad was the Chief of NPA and Light was, well, a very secretive person.

"Mom, I'm home!" you hear Light yell. "I invited my friend over for a study date." He then turns to you "Come on," he says and leads you up the stairs.

You enter his room, Light behind you, locking the door. It was quite big. A king sized bed with a huge bookcase behind it, of course, a big desk with 2 drawers, a chair, and more books.

After examining the room thoroughly, you turn to Light.

"Alright, go on," you take a seat on the bed. "I'm listening."

Light scoffs. "You think I'll just tell you everything like that? Oh, [Y/N], you're smarter than this. You think I haven't noticed you trying to gain my trust?"

You sigh. "You asked me for my honest opinion and I gave it. Also," you sit up. "If you're going to hide such a secret from the police, maybe actually try putting in some effort, Kira."

Light lets out a laugh.

"That's right."

He turns and looks at you, with an evil smile on his face. For a moment you swear you can see his eyes turn red.

"I am Kira."