Chapter 4

It was finally Monday and Malcolm was finishing packing for the week as Dani showed up to his loft. 

"Oh wow, you look amazing," Malcolm said to Dani when he opened the door to his loft and saw that she was wearing a long, casual blue dress. 

"Thanks, your sister recommended I wear this dress this morning," Dani said as she walked into Malcolm's loft and sat on the edge of his bed. 

Malcolm walked into his bathroom to grab his toiletry bag and tossed it into his suitcase before grabbing his mouthguard off his nightstand to put inside his toiletry bag. 

"Are you sure I won't need my restraints?" Malcolm asked Dani as he closed his suitcase and set it on the floor. 

Dani nodded, "You'll be fine without your restraints, and if need be, I can sleep on the floor." She said to Malcolm as she stood up. 

Malcolm grabbed his suitcase and they walked out to Dani's car. 

Before they left, Ainsley showed up at Malcolm's loft and he handed her his keys. 

"Thanks for saying you'd check in on Sunshine while we work this case Ains," Malcolm said to his sister as he put his suitcase in the trunk of Dani's car. 

"You two have fun on your case, and catch that killer before he kills again," Ainsley said as she kissed her brother on the cheek, "Also, keep an eye on mom for me, would you?" 

Malcolm nodded as he and Dani got into her car. 

"I'll keep an eye on mom for you." He said before he and Dani drove off to meet Jessica at the hotel. 

When Dani and Malcolm pulled up to the hotel, they saw Jessica standing out front with a drink in her hand. 

"Mother, the event hasn't even started yet. Why do you have a drink already?" Malcolm asked as he took his and Dani's suitcases out of the trunk of Dani's car and placed them on the suitcase trolley that Jessica passed to him. 

"Cricket is staying at this hotel and I know that because I've already run into her," Jessica said as she took a sip of her drink. 

After Dani parked her car, she joined Malcolm and Jessica, and the three of them walked inside.

After Malcolm and Dani got the key cards for their room, Jessica walked with them to their room to see what it looked like and to avoid running into Cricket again. 

Just before they entered Malcolm and Dani's hotel room, Cricket approached them. 

"Jessica, are you going to introduce me to your friends?" Cricket asked as Malcolm pulled the suitcase trolley into the room. 

"Maybe later Cricket, they just got here and would like to rest up before the event begins," Jessica said as she followed Dani and Malcolm into the room. 

Once they were in the hotel, Dani grabbed the overnight bag that was with her suitcase and walked into the bathroom. 

"So if we solve this case before the week is done, are you still going to stay?" Malcolm asked his mother as he put his suitcase on the bed. 

"Why wouldn't I stay Malcolm. This is my world, I'm back where I belong." Jessica said to Malcolm as she sat on the edge of the bed. 

Malcolm sighed as Dani stepped out of the bathroom, drying her hair with a towel. 

"Tonight we should make sure we start making our rounds of getting introduced to everyone. It'll help us to identify bodies if this killer does kill again." Dani said to Malcolm as she walked over to her suitcase to pick out a dress to wear to the evening's event.