21. Controlled

School has finally finished for the day and Melissa was making her way back to her dorm to finish her homework the was due. For the last few days she had been ignored Fred and gone on with her day. He didn't really seem to notice. He'd been with Merida all the time. They were practically broken up, but still together. Neither of them made a single effort to talk to each other. Well, whenever Merida left Fred he always tried to go up to Melissa and apologise to her. But of course, Melissa, being the unforgiving person that she is, walked off, never spoke to him once. She was furious at him and had no time for his stupid 'explanation.'

Fred wasn't the only person Melissa had been drifting from. She had been drifting from her friends too. Hermione, Ron, Harry, Luna, everyone. She'd been isolating herself as much as she could from everyone. Everything that was going on will Fred and him and her more than likely be finished, it broke her. It broke her to think that after to long together he was just going to leave her for the new girl. Even abandon all his friends. For her.

Of course, Melissa had her suspicions on Jade but she didn't want to think about it because of how long it had been going on.

Melissa was walking down the hall to go back to her dorm after a few hours of studying in the library. She had an upcoming exam so it was important for her to be on track instead of her mind going all over the place about Fred, Merida, everyone.

The hall she was walking through was long and quiet. She hadn't heard a sound all the way back apart from the noises of her heeled shoes she was wearing. She was too busy looking at the floor compared to where she was going. *crash*
Melissa slowly lifted her head up to see Fred, and Merida. They were both arm in arm just starting at her without making a sound. She looked them both up and down but only one thing caught her eye. Merida's ring. It was the exact same ring Fred and her found for Jade. Only this time, it was glowing.

"Are you gonna move or just stand there?" Melissa said, with an annoyed tone.
"Freddie, are you going to let her speak to me like this?" Merida said looking up at Fred. Without breaking eye contact with Melissa he said:
"Of course not." He slightly leaned over to Melissa until there faces were so close together.
"Get out of the way Melissa. Before I make you." Melissa let out a slight gasp and slowly started taking steps backwards. 'this isn't like Fred' she thought, 'Fred would never say such a thing, never mind how in love with someone he was. Maybe he was right, maybe something is wrong.' She put her head down and walked past them as quickly as she could, after being out of their sight she ran back to her dorm almost in tears because of the tone Fred just spoke to her in.

When she got back she didn't even think if anyone was in the room, she just sat in front of the fire and began crying her eyes out.
"Melissa?" A voice came from behind her, followed by a book closing and footsteps approaching from behind her. Melissa continued crying and a hand was gently placed on her shoulder.
"Are you okay Melissa?" She slowly looked up to see Hermione standing above her. Sitting next to her Melissa rested her head into her shoulder so Hermione bringing her into a tight hug.
"Melissa what happened?"
"It's Fred." She sobbed. "I don't think he loves me anymore." She continued crying and Hermione held her tighter, making sure she was getting all the care and love that she needed.
"Melissa... What's making you think this? You and Fred are perfect together"
"Fred and Merida. They're always together. They act like a couple and I ran into them on my way back and Fred shouted at me. He's never done that before, I don't know what gotten into him." Hermione sighed a ran her fingers through her hair.
"Don't worry Melissa. I'll find out." They both payed in silence with Melissa staring at the fire still with her head on Hermione's lap and Hermione was running her fingers through her hair giving Melissa all the comfort she needed.

{Authors note: i'm sorry i haven't uploaded in a few weeks i've just found it hard to be motivated to write anything. i will try my best to update asap but i'm not sure. sorry again and thanks for reading <3}