I Lost My Glove In Alaska

Prologue

When Peter saw an advert on his television set for a ski resort he had no idea that his next adventure would take him all the way to Alaska, he longed to play in the snow. He wanted to get away from his city and enjoy the snowy mountains, but one distraction left him in a tricky situation.

******************************

I Lost My Glove In Alaska - 1969

Peter was bored, but this was normal for our young mischievous hero. He had played all of his video games and ate his bodyweight in candy, he had listened to all of his new vinyls he had stolen from a local record store. He had even cleaned his basement, he had nothing else to do with his time. It was winter in his city, the snow was already melting and people were getting out of their houses more. Peter hadn't been allowed out much due to an incident that had happened in his neighbourhood, he had upset a group of local children with his mischievous antics. He had been playing snowman bowling, but the children of his neighbourhood didn't like his games. They didn't see the funny side of knocking over snowmen with bolder sized snowballs, it was all fun and games until someone told his Mom on him.

Peter was lounging in his basement, he was lying on his bed and hanging his head over the side of it while he watched television upside down. He longed for adventure, he wanted to put on his snow boots and run until he was miles away from his city. He was becoming more restless with each passing day, being fast didn't help much neither. Flicking through the channels with his television remote Peter stopped when he saw one advert, it was about a ski resort in Alaska. He did a back flip off his bed and landed on his feet, he immediately got the urge to get his snow boots when he saw some snowy mountains pop up onto the television screen. It looked very inviting, he wanted to be there. 

" Whoa!" Peter muttered. 

Peter turned his television off and threw the tv remote over his shoulder before he zoomed to the other side of his basement, he wanted to visit those snowy mountains in Alaska. He put his snow boots on and grabbed his coat from his coat peg, he was soon dressed in his winter wear. Next he grabbed his backpack and zoomed to the kitchen, he quickly raided the fridge. He needed snacks for his adventure, he took leftover sandwiches and two bottles of soda. But he soon heard his Mom's voice from the living room, she knew he was up to no good.

" Peter, what are you doing in the kitchen?" Marya asked.

" Nothing, Mom!" Peter replied while zipped up his backpack and hung it over his shoulder. " I'm just packing a few snacks, I'm going out for a run!"

" Where are you going?" Marya asked.

" Just around the block, not too far." Peter replied with a smirk. " I'll be back by 6pm, okay?"

" Okay, just stay out of trouble." Marya said. 

" Will do, Mom!" Peter said.

Peter closed the fridge's door and put his backpack on properly before he left the kitchen, he said goodbye to his Mom while he put his goggles on. His Mom was busy feeding his little Sister, she told him to be good while she looked at him over her shoulder. 

" I'll behave, see you later." Peter smiled.

Pulling his goggles over his eyes he headed towards the front door, he was soon closing the door behind and hurrying along the pathway. Peter stopped at the postbox and looked both ways down the street, there was hardly anyone around besides two kids playing tennis with snowballs. He had an idea where he was going, he had most highway routes mapped out inside of his head. He had travelled around America more than once, he knew he had to cross the Canadian boarder to reach Alaska though. He had to travel towards the West Coast, but he kept a map in his backpack just in case he needed to refresh his memory. Time slowed down for Peter, he watched a bird moved it's wings slowly as it landed on a tree branch and he noticed one person slowly itching their backside outside of their house. He smiled to himself before he zoomed down the street, he took the tennis rackets from the kids and left his neighbourhood. He could use the tennis rackets to walk on the snow in Alaska if the snow was too deep.