three.

Ragdoll cats,

Beautiful fluffy fur, soft blue eyes, and has some white and grey colours patched onto it

"No."

I stated firmly. My heart felt some bitter pain towards it but to stay strong and independent I cannot let myself go so early.

People don't need me and I don't need them, that's how it always goes right?

packing my bags up, I walked passed by In Yeop. He gripped onto my arm preventing me to move, feeling annoyed at his actions and treatment towards me I pushed him away. In Yeop looked at me with concern but there was nothing he could do to understand me. I left the scene feeling dumbfounded as to why this has to happened to a girl like me.

I am already unlucky as it is. I really do not need more of this shit.

Walking home I began to lift out my journal from my bag. Trying to stabilize neat writing I sat near the stray cats by the lamp post around home.

3:13 PM, 2022.
I really don't get it.

Why is this guy approaching me?

In Yeop, you bring such a new feeling to me.

How can I trust you though? What do you know about me that we can share in terms of relatable?

I never have shared any basic interests with people in real life, but rather online only. Since you came to my life this week I barely messaged my friends but would rather think of you.

You barely did anything but approach me without judging me like others.

I felt normal around you.

The bare minimum, man. It's always the bare minimum.

Dropping my book down in exhaustion, I felt hungry. My mom would not cook for me in which I am aware, but my physical exhaustion was draining me more than to move and eat instant packaged food in a convenience store.

I threw my journal and utensil back in my bag while petting the cats goodbye. The day began to sink darker into the night and it started to feel much more colder. The air completely refreshed me out of exhaustion but I did not want my to worry about me if I came home late.

weird right? she barely knows I exist. But I keep excusing it because of her own mental problems getting in the way.

The keys jangled into the doorknob and when I opened it the place still looks terrible.

Shabby old quality textured walls and floors, some mice crap here and there, dust all around the walls, it's just absolutely disgusting.

Since there's only one floor it's quite easy for me to find my mom and how thin the walls are too. To my left is the living room which is where my mom always is, right is the small dining room/kitchen, straight ahead to the left is where the bathroom is, and across from it is my bedroom.

I neatly took my shoes off into a pair and places it on the broken rack again. Rolling off my socks and throwing my backpack on the side somewhere I called out for my mom, "I'm home, mom."

Not hearing for a response I just turned my head to the left and there she was. This time instead of being awake and looking at her monitor with headphones blasting her eardrums I saw her fast asleep. With care I approached her quietly and tapped onto her shoulder.

"Mom, you shouldn't sleep her. It's bad for your back.. Let me help you move onto your bed." my voice broke out. I felt exhausted once again and my mind could only think of sleep.

As I kept poking her she just would not wake up. That's when I realized something, her body felt really cold. Not sure how long she sat out here for but when I turned my head to her monitor the colour was flashing colours.

Red, yellow, blue, white.

The colours were so bright and neon.

My heart sank. My hands began to shake, I began to slap my moms arm while tugging onto her shirt, "Mom.. MOM! M-MOM?!" I croaked out.

I grabbed my phone from the pocket but the sweat and shaking hands could not make me unlock it. Remembering what Physical Education taught me in school, I also felt my mother's pulse on her arm as the 911 number was dialling.

My eyes widened more. I dropped my phone making the entire screen crack. My phone made a noise which was the operator but my brain could not process the image around me. The whole world began to blur as I was in a state of panic because of another thing I realized when checking the pulse.

"Mom.. Your pulse isn't beating."