TWELVE

chapter twelve seperated in harm's way

chapter twelve
seperated
in harm's way

I was shocked to see that Kenny hadn't kicked the bucket, it didn't matter what I thought of the asshole he definitely didn't go down without a fight.

I couldn't help the smile that fell on my lips, although we didn't know them long, he cared for Clem just as much as me and I couldn't fault him for caring.

"Alright... Well, then, what now?"

"We get the hell outta here." Kenny says answering Luke.

"Like now, now?"

"Yes!" Rebecca snaps at him.

"Where are we goin'? In case things get squirrely and we gotta make a break for it, we need a place to meet up." Kenny asks

"We could meet out at Parker's Run."

"What the hell is that?"

"It's a Civil War site just a few miles north. Tourist trap. Got signs all over. Just follow the road." I answer it, remembering it from last time we escaped this place.

"We stopped there after we escaped the first time. Luke and Carlos know where it is. It's not that far." Rebecca backs Mike and I up on the location.

"Well, at least if a few folks know where it's at, it'll be easier to find if we're split up. Alright, that works."

"Then we just need someone to go set off that PA, right? I mean, you never bothered to explain who's supposed to do that." That's what Luke thought, I joined the group in looking over at Clementine to see her sigh before nodding her head and walking towards the rope with Mike.

"Wait, wait, hold on... She's the plan?" Luke asks in bewilderment, as I just grab his hand and squeeze.

"Don't worry, babe. She's got it" I smile at him as he seems shocked at the nickname but he smiles back at me.

The group gathers by the wall. Clementine grabs onto the rope. "Be sure to remember to flip the switch for the outdoor speakers. Just the indoor speakers might not draw the herd. It's right on the microphone box."

"Right."

"By default it's set to play music, so you should just have to turn it on, right? Then climb back up and drop into the stockroom. We'll meet you there." Rebecca continues to explain to Clem.

"Down into the office, outdoor speaker switch, turn on PA, up to the roof, down into the stockroom to meet you guys. That right?" Clem repeats her instructions back to Rebecca as she nods her head, we watch Clem slowly rise up the wall.

"Clem! Make sure you bring Alvin." Rebecca calls out as we watch Clementine vanish onto the roof, and now we wait. I pulled my hand away from Luke's as I moved towards the gate and began to pace.