when you're temporarily blind

Yeah, byakugan is nice. Everyone would want to have that - more especially the pervs - as it is called the 'all-seeing' eye.

But having a byakugan isn't all nice, at all. It also has its cons. Overusing it could lead to temporary blindness.

And that's why you're currently seated in your house's living room, hands resting on the wooden table, not moving a finger.

You listened to your older brother scold you for overusing it on your training with your friends, earlier. All you can see is black, in which you are thankful, because just imagining the furious face of your brother immediately could make you pee.

"I'm sorry" was all you could say. You heard your brother heaved a long sigh.

It's only you and your brother in your house. Your parents, after covering your eyes with bandages, headed somewhere, and still hasn't returned.

"You're seriously stressing me out, (Name)" you bit your bottom lip hearing the fading footsteps of your brother. "Let's just hope it'll only last for a couple of days"

"Brother, don't leave me" your voice slightly cracked. I don't wanna be alone. I get bored easily, and now that I'm temporarily blind, I don't know how to entertain myself.

"I'll just buy some dangos outside, aren't you hungry?" And with the mention of food, you eagerly nodded, shaking the thoughts away.

You heard your brother lowly chuckled, his footsteps getting far, followed by the sliding of the door.

And so, you waited. Awfully quiet. Fingers patiently tapping the wooden table, liking the sound that it creates.

A couple of minutes passed with just you quietly listening to the relaxing sound of your nails coming in contact with the wooden table.

Your brows elevated hearing the door slide open. "Brother!"

~~~

The black haired male, still wearing his anbu uniform and mask entered the house.

He just came back from a mission and a certain raven told him about you having a childish competition with your teammate and overusing your byakugan resulting in your temporary blindness.

"Brother!" The (color) haired girl piped, thick layer of bandages wrapping the top part of her head, covering her eyes and forehead.

He didn't speak. He didn't dare utter a sound. Instead, he slowly walked towards the girl.

He placed his anbu mask on the wooden table and sat beside the clueless girl, staring intently at her.

"Brother, where's the dangos?" She smiled and excitedly turned her head on the right side.

Itachi mentally chuckled and gently placed his right hand on her nape, guiding her head to face him.

"Brother?"

A small gasp escaped her lips when he just suddenly pulled her close and hugged her, burying his face in the crook of her neck.

Itachi inhaled her strawberry scent and closed his eyes. This is peaceful. Just perfect to get rid of my tiredness.

(Name), confused yet still hugged him back, slowly rubbed his back. "Brother, what's wrong? Did something happen?" Concern laced on her tone.

Itachi, still didn't utter any sound and just embraced her tighter. He felt at peace whenever he's with her. This is all he needs. She's all he needs. After a long and tiring mission, one hug from her is all it takes.

"Hmm" (Name), figuring he really doesn't wanna talk decided to just hum a short melody, copying what their mother does whenever they cry, back when they were still kids.

"(Name)?"

Her head immediately turned to the direction of the voice, which she figures as her father.

Cold air filled the sudden gap on her arms when her brother suddenly pulled away and she heard the window slide open.

"Father?" She decided to talk to their mother later. She wants to help her brother with something that's bothering him. He just went to get dangos and now, well minutes ago, he was acting so weird.

"Here's your dangos" she excitedly tap her fingers on the table, trying to figure out where are the dangos.

Her mother chuckled. "Here, honey" she held her right hand and guided it to the plate of dangos.

"We happened to see (Brother's Name) on our way back here. Neji wants them to train again so he just handed us the dangos. He said you're craving?"

Her brows went in one straight line. But, he was here just minutes ago.

"Wasn't he here minutes ago?" (Name) murmured but still managed to reach the ears of her parents, causing them to mirror each other's alarmed faces.

~~~

"Someone was here with you when we were gone and posed as your brother?" You felts hands rest on your shoulders. You're not sure if those are the hands of your father or mother.

"No. He.. she didn't. The person just suddenly hugged me and didn't say anything... " You answered in your unusual small voice.

You felt chills run down your spine. You're a scaredy-cat and the person just embraced you and buried its face on your neck! What if he placed some kind of poison on me?!

You had a scared expression on your face, but only the frown on your lips could be seen.

You suddenly had an urge to go to the Uchiha compound. I need Itachi.

But your shoulders dropped in disappointment when you remembered that he still hasn't returned from a long mission.

So, you could only sigh as your parents bombarded you with questions about the mysterious person.

The three of you not knowing, that person was actually the male that you've just wished to return.