Chapter Twelve: Romeo and Juliet

Fred hadn't talked to me the whole day after that. It felt weird not having him around and I couldn't lie, I missed it.

"No I won't be joining you guys," I told my dormmates after our last game of Wizards chess, Frankie won. 

"Come on you must be hungry."  I just shook my head. I had lost my appetite. Angelina and Frankie shrugged, hungry themselves, not caring much they turned to leave. I could already hear about how excited they were for quidditch to resume with Angelina already being appointed captain. But Alica didn't leave, she stayed behind.

"I know something is deeply wrong when you won't eat" She laughed. I smiled up at her and watched Alica's face turn sincere "I don't think he will be there."

***
Dinner was awkward but I'm glad I ate. Alicia was right, Fred wasn't there. I stood up from dinner early making it a quick meal and headed to my dorm with a glum look on my face.

As soon as I walked out of the great hall and looked to my left and saw Fred. He was talking with a Hufflepuff handing her books back to her looking very secretive and almost... thankful?

This just proved my point. He didn't want me, I wasn't special. I was just numb now and all I wanted to do was sleep the pain away. It's too easy for him to move on. I sure hope he gets what he deserves that arrogant arse.

***

I still wasn't really talking to anyone the next day. I ate my breakfast and went to class.

Great. Muggle Studies this Thursday. I was trying to think about the positives; I liked the teacher, I liked the topic. I could do this.

I could avoid Fred and get on with my day. I hope I can.

I arrived at the class early but it looked like Fred had the same idea. It was an awkward greeting. A hello escaped my lips and he only nodded back. We took our seats on opposite sides of the class and sat in silent tension until some other students started to arrive.

I kept getting the feeling that Fred wanted to say something to me as he kept shuffling in his seat but he stayed put for the time being.

Professor Charity Burgage came in the class through her office and started writing on the board.

'Final thoughts on this semester's book.'

Last week the class had finished our final analysis of the classic Shakespeare novel 'Romeo and Juliet.' I quite liked the story and it linked a lot back to how muggles work and what they value.

I had some thoughts I wanted to share when Professor asked the class but someone else beat me to it.

Fred shot his hand up faster then I could blink.

Professor had no other choice but to pick him.

"I love how Romeo persevered for Juliet until she finally realised that she too, is in love with him." Fred said puffing his chest.

Absolutely not.

My hand shot up in response to his opinions. So Professor Charity gestured over to me with encouragement so I could talk.

"I think Juliet was a fool for even fraternising with a manipulative git in the first place when he so clearly didn't mind slobbering over other girls last year."

The class gasped and the poor teacher turned around picking up her copy of the playwright, confused, flipping through the pages constantly to find the reference.

Fuck you Fred (a Fred Weasley love story)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें