Epidemic

{ October 13th, Day 10 }

They lay Kurusus-sensei down on a bed of leaves in the cave.

"You okay, Kurusu-sensei...?" Akira asked. 'What's wrong with her? Suddenly falling like that...'

"M-Maybe it's... a cold...?" Kururu-sensei said. "I'm sorry... for worrying all of you..."

"Here," Torako said, kneeling down to give her a fever-reducing pill from the first-aid kit. "!" She saw that her teacher's eyes were red.

"What is it?" Kurusu-sensei asked, wondering why she was hesitating.

"Oh?" Rion said, noticing it too. "It seems your eyes, somehow, look awfully red...?"

"Eh?" Kurusu-sensei said.

"Let me see, please," Oomori said, also kneeling down to check on her. Kurusu-sensei tried to sit up.

"Guh..." She clapped a hand over her mouth, but it couldn't stop her from throwing up. "Bleeeeeeeeehh."

"Kyaaaaa...!" Rion cried, stepping back to avoid getting it on her shoes. It was too late for Torako to move away. It was already all over her sweater and skirt. Some got on Oomori's clothes too.

"Hey, now... you can even get weird diseases...?" Zaji said nervously. "Forgive us, Kurusu-chan, but... we don't have a doctor around here." He said it seriously. Everyone stared at him. "W-What? I say something weird?"

'A... A disease...?' Akira thought. 'If we get sick on this island, there's nothing we can do... Seems Oomori-san and Fukui-chan brought some medicine with them. And if it comes down to that...'

"You got a fever, too?" Itou asked, feeling Ono's forehead. "And... your eyes are red, too." Torako and Akira looked at them.

'What?' Akira thought.

'I'm cool... yeah... it's prolly a cold..." Ono said, also flushed in the face and sweating.

'He's Yarai's follower... He and Kurusu-sensei have the same symptoms...!?' Akira thought. 'Could it be that...?'

'Were we exposed to something the others weren't!?' Torako wondered. 'In that case...!'

"Oomori-san, wait a sec—!" Akira said.

"Don't touch him!" Yarai said, getting between Oomori and Ono. 

"Wh-What is it...?" Oomori asked. "Shouting so suddenly..." 

"My group's using this cave. You guys, hurry up and get out!" Yarai said.

'That's right! We need to separate from them!' Torako thought. 'Quarantine ourselves.'

"!?" Zaji gasped. "Say what!? You guys gonna hijack our cave!? We found this place first!"

"Wh-What is the meaning of this!?" Rion asked, getting upset. "We're even nurturing sensei..." Akira looked at Yarai and made eye contact with him.

"Hold on guys," Akira said. "Let's do like he said."

"Wha!?" Zaji and Rion said, shocked.

"Let's get all our stuff together!" Akira said.

"S-Sengoku!?" Zaji said. "But why in the hell do we have to..."

"We need to go wash Oomori-san's clothes," Akira said. "Come on."

"O-Okay..." Zaji said. Torako took off her sweater and skirt before the vomit soaked through to her shirt and shorts while Akira and his group cleared out. She would wash them when Oomori was done.