A Little Bit Of Romance...

Both Dates Shown Above

"So... let me get this straight" Maggie told her Father. "Angelica isn't going to be my new step-mummy...?"

"No, of course not, Lovely" Captain Jack told her.

"Then why are you preparing to have a date with her?" Maggie asked, confused.

Captain Jack and Maggie stood on the deck of the Queen Anne's Revenge. Jack was preparing a small makeshift date complete with a bottle of wine with two cups and accompanying mood-setting music by Scrum and his mandola.

"Because I'm going to have to charm Angelica to convince her to let us off this hell-bound vessel!" Jack told her. "It shouldn't be that hard, after all the last time we had a date I was twenty-six year old. And after all, that was only six years ago."

"Daddy, if you were twenty-six when you last saw Angelica and it's only been six years since then, that would only make you only thirty-two years old?" Maggie asked.

"Exactly" Jack nodded.

"Wow, you look terrible for your age!" Maggie's eye widened.

Jack sighed deeply "Just make yourself useful and distract Diego!"

"Fine! You hang out with your girlfriend and I'll hang out with her hottie of a son!" Maggie said, walking away.

Captain Jack froze from where he was lighting the candles on a nearby barrel. Maggie just called Diego a hottie! That means his daughter, his baby girl, his angel... found a hateful little twerp of a boy to be... attractive?! All you had to do was look at Captain Jack's expression and you could see that all the fatherly alarm bell's that were ringing throughout his mind!

"Hold it right there!" Jack spun back around to face his daughter. "Maggie, dearest... What do you mean when you say hottie?"

"I mean, Diego's kinda hot" Maggie shrugged "he's pretty... in a boyish type way?"

"No... no, he's not" Jack shook his head as he started wringing his hands nervously.

"Well, I think he is" Maggie shrugged.

"No, you don't!" Jack told her "Don't say that! You do not like him! You do not like this boy! You don't like any boys! Boys are gross! No boys until you're married!"

"Daddy!" Maggie whined "You're the one who always told me to live life to the fullest!"

"You can live a full life without romance!" Jack told her "Romance is overrated! Romance is a bad, bad thing! No romance!"

"Daddy, I think we both know this isn't about romance!" Maggie put her hands on her hips and smirked. "It's about you being terrified of seeing me with a boy!"

"I have no problem with you being around boys!" Jack laughed nervously. "Just not boys who are charming or good-looking or your age! In fact you don't need boys in general, you have me! The only male you'll ever need to depend on is your Daddy!"

"Maybe Diego could be my extra Daddy?" Maggie suggested innocently.

The suggestion made Captain Jack's eyes widened and he could've swore his heart stopped beating for a few seconds.

"NOPE!" Jack told her "Now you listen here, lass! You stay away from that boy! If I see you cavorting with Diego, our next Daddy-Daughter Day will be spent going out for ice cream and purchasing a chastity belt!"

"Well, if you're going to be all lovey-dove with Angelica, then I'm gonna start flirting with Diego!" Maggie crossed her arms defiantly.

Jack's jaw dropped. "Oh! So you're just going to like Diego to make me feel bad?"