Chapter X - Relationship status: ✔️ It's complicated

RWBY is owned by Monty Oum and Rooster Teeth.

   It's a bit old description for chapter, but I wanted for some time to post next chapter, soo yeah. I feel that when I will just make past anything canonical, we will be able to post more chapters in faster manner.

   I'm sorry for long delay with a new chapter, but I was sick for quite of time and for almost two days it was quite bad to do anythin' even lay in bed... Today I give you another choice to make! No, it's still not a harem choice, as for me, it is still too early for it. We will see later about that.

   Raven Branwen. I still didn't see future episodes, but did some research of her story on wiki and I believe that there wasn't any real 'redemption arc' for now in the show and while I believe there will be as it is probably left for some plot twist, just like with Summer... Honestly, if not my own idea, I would just make Raven kill Summer in this fanfic. Really.

   Now comes your choice, do you hate Raven enough to not give her a chance to rekindle with Yang, or we should see at some point mother-daughter bonding? It's open, and up to you. It is very early for it anyway, because for now you will see how Raven will act and eventual end of coward Raven will be at very late state of this book. I have ideas for both roads, so don't worry.

*****

Salem: (Y/N) my dear child...

   He could see her pale regal face with a rare smile, but it wasn't warmth one... Reserved for him. No, there was no trace of that emotion in Salem. Never. Her veins pulsed with bloody red impulses, clearly in favor of narrowed eyes focused on him.

   (Y/N) clearly never followed actions of fools that joined – or precisely Salem enslaved into her so-called inner circle with promises. He was sick of this, of this forbidden place in Grimmlands. She will not toy with me for forever, knowing that I'm not interested in anything else than...

Salem: Will you finally obey – Your mother, your queen, orders? Should I grant you any of your wishes with my promise?

(Y/N): You aren't my mother. You should know by now when that title was lost to you. Early, when – You left me! Person that was supposed to take care of me and now got a nerve to call herself – Mother. That's pathetic, and I'm surprised that someone like you would lower to this.

   Salem flashed him a displeased look and with her white fingers bumped several times into her throne. It was irritating, but (Y/N) knew that while he was allowed to clearly disobey her orders... There were some borders of her patience he would never try to cross. Once he did as a child, and it was a quick lesson from her. Salem never hurt him. Never. Still, she had her ways of reminding people to obey her orders – wishes.

Salem: I expected better of you (Y/N), yet you still desperately cling to that woman gray skirt. It is truth that she raised you for some years, but remember who saved you – Who offered to teach you, you lived here – In Grimmlands with me for far longer than it that hut. I gave you enough time to realize it. Now it is time for me to come back and gather fruits of it.

   He despised Salem for this, and refused to call her as his mother – So desired by her to finally gain another pawn in her games. It would be so much easier to just hate her, but (Y/N) learned in his last years in this castle about her being immortal. Clearly, she expected all of his reactions seeing them in past interactions between humans, faunus... Salem was like a living history book.