Chapter 4

After being caught and told off my younger fratello (brother) I needed to let my anger out and I knew the perfect way. I didn't bother even trying to get to sleep, it was 6:15, I still had a good few hours until my parents and brother woke up. I changed into a  black sports bra and gym leggings before wiping off my makeup and making my way downstairs. I stopped at the kitchen to fill up a water bottle and then went downstairs to the basement that had been turned into a gym. The gym was rather large,
It had 3 punching bags, a boxing ring, and targets to practice shooting guns or throwing knives. I immediately wrapped my knuckles and made my way to a punching bag. I started punching it, imagining it was my papa, despite the fact my knuckles were tightly wrapped, they started to bleed after nearly an hour of punching without taking a break.

My papa never taught me how to fight, he said "young ladies do not fight you stupid girl, that is a mans jobs" so instead I would watch as he trained my brother and as soon as they had left I would try, I picked it up much quicker than Leo did, I was always a natural at fighting but what I was really good at was throwing knives. The main reason for this was because ever since I was 12 years old my papa, and every man I had ever tried to talk to, told me that I "belonged in the kitchen", so I would go into the kitchen and throw knives at the door of the pantry, where no one would notice the holes. Soon enough I became really good at it, able to hit the middle of the target with my eyes closed. "You're going to break the bag if you don't stop soon" a voice said, breaking me out of my thoughts, I looked up and smiled, Alessandro stood watching me. Alessandro was my best and only friend, his papa is my papa's best friend so he came round a lot when we were children and now he is one of the guards, so he lives here. As soon as moved in, 3 years ago, he started training me, working on my fighting and shooting skills. "Whatever, wanna box?" I asked, grabbing my water bottle and unwrapping my knuckles "sure" he replied, we both put boxing gloves on and stepped into the ring. "Ok, we don't stop until one of us can't get up, no backing out" Alessandro said, getting into his fighting stance "I never back out" I said, before punching him in the stomach "hey I wasn't ready" he said, pouting "well if this was a real fight you wouldn't have time to get ready" I said mimicking his voice, from when he said the exact same thing to me last week "touché" he said, going in for a punch to nose, I blocked it and punch him in the side. We fought for a little while until I got him a tight headlock, kicked his ankles, making fall on his back, I went down with him, not letting him out of his headlock "5...4...3...2...1 and I've won, yet again!" I chanted, letting him go and standing up "I let you win" he said pushing himself up off the floor "whatever helps you sleep at night, buddy" I said, exiting the ring. I threw knives for a while before heading back upstairs, having a shower and getting changed.

**                   **                   **                  **          

The whole week was torture, my mama wouldn't leave me alone, I was turning 18 next week and she wanted me look perfect for the charity gala. It may be called a charity gala but that's only for show, really it's a gala held whenever an important Mafia man's daughter turns 18, all mafia men who want a wife attend, basically I have to wear an inappropriate, expensive dress so old, rich, (usually) single men can check me out and decide if they want me as a wife, a.k.a living hell.
This meant that my mama dragged me around town, going into the most expensive nail parlours, hair dressers, makeup shops, dress shops and worst of all she made me buy red lace underwear. When I asked her why I needed provocative underwear she said "well mia figlia (my daughter)  men like it when you wear underwear that impresses them" I just looked at her in complete and utter disgust "don't look at me like that, all the wedding plans have been made, all we are waiting for is the gala so a man can choose you as his wife. The weeding will be two days after the gala and...well everyone knows what happens on your wedding night" she said, giggling, while I was silently gagging.

It was Saturday night and despite what Leo said I was determined to get out of that house, I felt suffocated and you can only live so long without air. I waited until quarter to midnight as usual, but this time I checked Leo's room to make sure he was asleep. I silently opened his bedroom door and peeked through, I saw him sprawled out on his king sized bed, breathing heavily, fast asleep. I silently cheered before creeping back to my bedroom. I wasn't going to party, not this time, I didn't have the energy all I wanted was some time to myself. I picked out a simple outfit, black, ripped jeans with a white, graphite patterned, tight crop top and a black leather jacket. I got out my house the usual way and made my way towards town, I knew a 24 hour coffee shop that I wanted to check out. I took my time walking through town, it was the first time I was alone all week, the lights around town gave it an almost magical glow.

I found the coffee shop pretty quickly I opened the door and saw a surprising amount of people in there, there were three guys all standing at the counter, my gaze immediately settled on the two guys, furthest from me, they both had the same blond fluffy hair, ice blue eyes and pale skin, they were literally the exact copy of one another, I had never seen identical twins before and I was mesmerised. My gaze was broken when the guy standing in front of them, with his back to me, turned around. I immediately recognised him, it was Raf, the guy who had taken the girl I saved home. Then he move slightly to side and I saw her.

A/n
Thank you so much for reading this far!! sorry if this chapter was too long??
Tell what you think