13. Late Night Walk

¶A long chapter ahead, 2k+ words¶

Pari's POV

I was currently standing in the balcony of my room. The gentle moist breeze moved few strands of my hair backwards. The sky was gloomy just like the emptiness in my heart.

Today's incident which occurred in the office was not bothering me much but the flashbacks were the only thing which were splintering my heart into pieces.

Tears welled up in my eyes at the thought of my family being the reason behind those bruises. Are they the ones who have bruised my body? Why is my family still not searching for me? Am I such a wicked person? I thought and kept on sobbing lightly.

"Sweetie why are you standing there? You should take rest today. I have prepared hot bags for you. It will help to ease the pain---" I heard silvery voice of Mrs Sharma who came inside my room handing me the hot bag which could ease my stomach pain. Her tender voice made me feel so emotional.

I wiped my tears and rushed in her direction. It was within a fraction of section when I caged her in my arms.

"Mom-- I miss my mom." I whimpered while crying.

"Pari-- Dear what's wrong?" I heard her soft voice. She made me sit on the bed and stared wiping my tears delicately.

"Stop crying. Okay! Tell me what's wrong? Who has made you cry? Tell me and I'll give that person a piece of advice. How dare that person hurt my precious daughter?" She mumbled in a motherly tone which was only breaking my heart at the thought of my misery.

"Today I had few flashbacks, all those flashbacks are haunting me. They are breaking me Mom. I can only see blury images of people hurting me verbally and physically. All those bruises on my body are killing me day by day. Whenever I look at myself in the mirror those marks come in front of my face. I am feeling so helpless right now. I don't understand anything Mom. I--I just want to know that is my family the reason of my agony?" I whisper yelled.

"Pari stop crying dear. Your tears are hurting me. I don't know about your past but I know that you don't deserve all this. No one does. I am with you, we all are here with you and will support you. Angel don't cry over those bruises, those marks will not define you. Your morals, hard work and personality will define you. I want you to be strong and fight for yourself, I know you are traumatised because of what you are going through but you have to fight against it on your own sweetie." She said and at that moment I realised how lucky I am to have her and this entire family in my life.

"Now stop crying and lay on the bed. You need to take rest. C'mon lay down." Mom ordered me while taking me to the right side of the bed.

"Good night my precious angel." She whispered and pecked my forehead.

-------------------------------------------------

It was another day and I was getting ready for office. My pain was a bit better as compared to yesterday. I was currently wearing the watch on my wrist when Advik's sudden presence startled me.

"Hey!" He whispered and stood in front of me.

"Hey" I whispered back. Yesterday's incident flooded my mind and my cheeks turned into crimson red.

I was busy blushing when I heard someone chuckling. I frowned and pouted unable to understand the reason behind Advik's smile.

"Cute." He whispered making me want to hide under my comforter.

Despite blushing hard I opened my mouth and said "Advik whatever you did yesterday for me I won't ever forget that. Thank you so much."

"Pari no need to thank me. Instead of expressing gratitude to me you should appreciate yourself. The way you fought back with the head of your accounts department was commendable. I am genuinely proud of you and don't hurt your pretty head because of those people. Okay! Also I don't want you to see you bawling your eyes out because of your past. I know those flashbacks can be traumatising and heartbreaking but you have us with you. I am with you." Advik whispered which brought a beautiful smile on my face.