Chapter 12

"Rise and shine, sleepy head" Rose said as she drew back the curtains.

The sun hit Sydney right in the face. "Awe, can't I just stay in bed for a week" Sydney begged.

"Nope, sorry. You have to go out and find yourself a job, so you can get you a car to go places, I've got to be at work at 10, so I'm going to get you to drop me off then you take my car and go get a job" Rose said as she tossed the keys to Sydney.

"Wait, your just gonna let me take your car, you just met me" Sydney said with a smile.

"Dean trusts you, so I trust you" Rose replied with a wink. "Now get up get dressed and let's go"

Sydney got out of bed put on some clothes and walked downstairs. Rose handed her a credit card.

"Whats this for, you've done enough already" Sydney said handing the card ba k to her.

"It's not from me, it's from Dean, he must have had it overnighted, they devlievered it this morning. You'll have to call and see how much is on it since its prepaid, here is the note" Rose said.

Take this and get yourself some new clothes, shoes and girly stuff.

Dean

Sydney laughed. "He is a funny one, that Dean" Rose said.

Sydney's heart was broken. Dean had sacrificed his life to protect her, and he barely knew her. She couldn't help but feel guilty.

"I feel so bad" Sydney said.

"Why" Rose asked.

"Dean has pretty much given me his lifesavings and I have no way to ever repay him" Sydney said with a frown.

"Oh honey, Dean has way more money then you think, he is a penny pincher, he has enough money to live in a mansion, yet chooses to live in that small apartment" Rose said waving her hand in the hair.

"He said it was all he needed for just him" Sydney remembered him saying that over dinner one night.

"Dean has always been a loner. He dated, but no one ever measured up to the 'one that got away' as he would put it" Rose said

My mom.

"Any who, you have your cell phone right, cause I'm gonna call toy and tell you what time to pick me up from work" Rose said.

"Yes, I have it" Sydney answered.

"Ok, let's go, your driving" Rose said.

After dropping Rose off at work, Sydney spent the day driving around trying to find a job. There was so much about this city that she loved. She loved the high rise buidlings, the busy streets, the landmarks, the list could go on forever. After putting in 7 applications, she decided to go home.

As she pulled in the driveway, a wave of sadness hit her. She hated having to start over. It made her hate John even more than she already did. He had not only taken away people that she cared about, he had taken away her whole life. She laid her head on the steering wheel and sobbed.

Sydney crashed into her bed, she sat her phone next to the bed, in case someone called about a job. She laid her head on the pillow and drifted off to sleep.