Part 1

Tony Stark had seen many things in his life. Humans with superpowers, humans with mutant abilities, humans who could manipulate energy (he'd go to hell before he'd admit what Stephen was doing was magic). Yet he still jumped every time Thor slammed into the lawn at the compound, complete with a boom of thunder and crackle of lightning.

'Weak heart!' he bellowed at the window, gesturing vaguely with his hand for FRIDAY to let him into the lab.

'I was under the impression that now that piece of machinery was out of your chest you were in fighting form?' Thor chuckled as he walked, depositing his new and improved mythical axe on the floor as he went. With total disregard for what Tony was working on, he sat on the desk, grinning down at him.

'Still, I'm only mortal, weak constitution. What can I do for you, Point Break?' Tony leant back in his chair, rummaging through one of his drawers and pulling out the bag of candy he'd hidden away from Bruce. Popping a few in his mouth, he offered the bag to Thor.

'You assume I'm only here to see you for a favour?' Thor smiled, pouring some into his hand and giving the bag back.

'Not assuming, I know. Here, try these green ones, they're super sour.'

Thor grimaced and slapped his thigh, roaring as the taste delighted him. It was one of the things Tony loved about the Asgardian; strength, physical prowess and the mental age of a small child.

'I have come in need of a favour.'

'Ah, there we go. FRIDAY, save my work for me please, this is going to take a while.'

'As you know, my people have sought and received refuge in Norway to build New Asgard.'

Tony made a humming noise in the back of his throat, his hand diving back into the bag for more candy.

'While Midgard's...I mean Earth's government has been understanding and welcoming, I have been made aware of some growing unrest towards our settlement.'

Tony straightened in his chair. No, he wasn't aware of unrest, that was the problem with his imposed self-seclusion. When Thor said Earth's government, he was probably referring to the UN, and Tony knew they were doing all they could to stay in the remaining Avenger's good graces. Especially Tony's, rescuer of the known universe.

'You were part of the team who helped save half the population, not to mention half of the universe. What the hell are they "unrested" about?' Tony crunched his candy, frowning.

'In part, the presence of my brother, Loki.'

Ah, they might have had a point there.

'He did try to enslave us, murdered a few mortals along the way.'

'You know as well as I, that Loki was not acting with a rational mind when he did those things. Was it not you who pointed out to me that he was subject to trickery, bewitched by Thanos?'

It wasn't difficult to see what had happened. The glow stick of destiny has controlled Clint. Wasn't a far stretch to assume Loki had also been influenced by merely holding it. He'd mentioned it on the quiet to Thor before he whisked his adoptive brother away to face Asgardian judgement, scoffing at Tony's deductions of Loki's behaviour.

Tony had just wanted Loki off his planet, so he'd let the snub slide.

'My brother stood beside me as we fought to save our people. He has proven himself worthy of my trust and theirs.'

'You said in part, what's the other problem?' Tony questioned.

'There are some mortals who say we are draining natural resources, that your planet cannot sustain us.'